Jody Fine Marbles Question

I have had someone present a question to me on my auction of the Jody Fine marbles - stating they think the marbles have been polished due to the open ends.

Jodi%20fine%20and%20pelts%20007.JPG

I sent back the facts stating that these have been in my collection for the last ten years and we bought them directly from Jody Fine when we were running Marble Mansion.

I looked on Glasswurx - he shows similar open ends on Jody's marbles even as late as 2007.

Just wondering if anyone else can confirm for me?

Thanks.

:white-flag-25:

When Jody was featured artist at Wheaton, he signed the marbles he sold... Here's one of those with a very similar end... The opposite end is a little tighter.

post-3-127766706739_thumb.jpg

I apologize for the hair from my sweater and that it's a little unclear. If this isn't convincing enough for them, I'll take another for you...

I'm glad this came up!!! It's always a little tough to distinguish Jody's marbles from Steve Maslach (Cuneo Furnace).... I wonder if the pontils tell a tale??

Something to check out!! ;)

One of the ways to tell if a marble has been reconditioned is to look at the ends of the colored glass ribbons. If it has been reconditioned the ends will be white. My two cents worth----Leroy----

Okay - yep -

so another question -

When the artist makes a marble like this is there clear glass on the outer surface covering the colored ribbons???

Okay - yep -

so another question -

When the artist makes a marble like this is there clear glass on the outer surface covering the colored ribbons???

Normally yes - but it depends upon how it was necked down and cut and the pontil finished.