Best Way To Send Marbles

was25

Hi All

Since I am spending the day reading these forums, Practicing marble pics and other tasks I would like to ask you all a few more questions. First what is the best way to package and send a larger quantity of marbles-in this case 58- so they are well protected. ( in the future I might have up to 100 to send ) I have sent lower quantities -up to 28- and just bubble wrapped the individual marbles or put them in groups of 3, wrapped in bubble wrap and taped all around. They fit in a small priority mail box but I don't know if this larger group will fit in the small box and I don't want to go to a larger size box. Secondly can I download pics directly from photobucket or do I have to download them from my pics computer files? I'll stop for now but I'm sure I will come up with more questions soon. You all seem wonderfully responsive and helpful and I really appreciate it. Thanks Wendy

I'm helpless on your downloading concerns but re. packaging I think I have it together. If the marbles are of significant consequence individually then I'd have each one in a separate zip lock bag, then the group wrapped in bubble wrap + additionally a small paper bag before putting snugly in the Priority Box. But if the marbles are of no great significants then put all of them together in a zip lock bag which is snugly bubble wrapped and then put into a small paper bag to go into the Priority Box. I do know that it is a drawn out drag to peel off reams of scotch tape that generally rips the bubble wrap and requires repeated rippings to get to two or three marbles and then have to do it repeatedly with 10 or more similar pkgs. of two or three marbles. You do have access don't you to the small zip lock bags that are something like 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" or 2" by 2". These zip lock bags are a Godsend for marble people. David

I'm helpless on your downloading concerns but re. packaging I think I have it together. If the marbles are of significant consequence individually then I'd have each one in a separate zip lock bag, then the group wrapped in bubble wrap + additionally a small paper bag before putting snugly in the Priority Box. But if the marbles are of no great significants then put all of them together in a zip lock bag which is snugly bubble wrapped and then put into a small paper bag to go into the Priority Box. I do know that it is a drawn out drag to peel off reams of scotch tape that generally rips the bubble wrap and requires repeated rippings to get to two or three marbles and then have to do it repeatedly with 10 or more similar pkgs. of two or three marbles. You do have access don't you to the small zip lock bags that are something like 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" or 2" by 2". These zip lock bags are a Godsend for marble people. David

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip about the zip lock bags. Yes I can get those and it will save me a whole lot of time. I remember I once sent about 90 marbles to someone to sell for me . I wrapped them all individually in bubble wrap and taped them within an inch of their lives. I wonder if he has forgiven me for that yet!

For groups of inexpensive marbles try using aluminium foil. Tear off a piece, lay 6-10 marbles in a row and roll them up twisting the ends like a tootsie roll. There is no movement of the marbles during shipment and they lay nicely in a box.

Charles

Hi I am a tin foil guy also , I put them in rows of 8 roll it over then another 8 or so ,always keep them all about the same size . after there all folded I tape the foil so they can not come out and are very tight . I only do this when I sell lots of common and try and keep it about 50 to a pack , if more than one pack be sure to tape all together and put in peanuts try and keep the box big enough . If bigger marbles be sure there is a lot of room . Mike