Would You Pay $200?

bumblebee

I have a chance to buy a small box of marbles, mostly common except for three tri-color corkscrews and one nice red-based hand-gathered, plus this 5/8"ish CAC winking at me. They are antique dealers who insist everything is mint, but I can clearly see flea bites on at least half of the marbles. Still I doubt they're going far below $200. And I have to drive almost 90 minutes just to look at them.

Would you spend the gas $$$ to see if this guy is truly mint? Seeing how they're all rolling together in the same box I'm doubtful.

post-1926-129885799319_thumb.jpg

If that is mint, it is probably worth $80, assuming it is a black opaque base. However, it might have a transparent blue base lke the one i just found, and that my friend gets you in a whole new ball park. That being said if it is 200 total and they make you happy, then go for it!

Craig

If that is mint, it is probably worth $80, assuming it is a black opaque base. However, it might have a transparent blue base lke the one i just found, and that my friend gets you in a whole new ball park. That being said if it is 200 total and they make you happy, then go for it!

Craig

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Right now $200 wouldn't make me too happy. ;)