Restoring Marbles With Uv Glass Glue?

Does any of you know if it is possible to fill up chips in marbles with UV glass glue (clear glue that hardens out under sunlight)? you can use it to glue 2 pieces of glass together, but is it also possible to fill up chips this way? the glue is very expensive, so before I buy and try it out, I would like to know if it will work. Thanks!

A certain person has used this method for 15 years that I know of. You should know that the material doesn't have the slick feel of glass. Once brand that I know of yellows over time and exposure to sunlight (UV).

A certain person has used this method for 15 years that I know of. You should know that the material doesn't have the slick feel of glass. Once brand that I know of yellows over time and exposure to sunlight (UV).

As I remember and have forgot his name and I had one done and was at his house in Ohio , it was a hard polymer that he put on and then just put it in a 3 headed sphere machine and made round . He was very good at what he did as I saw a 2 inch clam he was working on , he would grind the glass down then air brush in the damage , when he ground down the glass he most of the time left the pontils so when grinding the area was saved . I had a 2 1/2 solid core done , looked great but when in hand you could feel it was not glass . I sold mine in Amana . The polymer was some kind of very hard aerospace stuff . Mike