Northeast Marble Show - New Date!! Oct. 1&2

Scoop

Announcement from Bert Cohen!

Next Northeast Marble Meet on October 1 & 2, 2011 - NOTE THE NEW DATE !!

Marlborough, MA: The 32nd ANIVERSARY OF THE NORTHEAST MARBLE MEET will be held on Saturday and Sunday, October 1 & 2, 2011 at

The Marriott Courtyard -75 Felton St. in Marlborough, MA. 01752

Come join us at the Northeast Marble Meet at the Marriott Courtyard, Marlborough, MA - at I-495 & Rte.20 Call 508-480-0015 (only for reservations). For information about the show, call Bertram Cohen 617-487-5808 Two days of fun, friends, marbles and good times! Exhibition Space available - email me for details.

Auction—Saturday, October 1 (Auction Preview in the morning), Contact Bert if you would like to include something in the auction.

Free Buffet Luncheon will be served on Saturday, after the auction preview, honoring “Bert’s 80th birthday”.

PLEASE “RSVP” by calling or emailing Bert!

Show—Sunday, October 2 “Exhibitors: Call or email Bert to Reserve Your Table”

[email protected] / 617-487-5808

WWW.MARBLEBERT.COM

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/welcome-to-marblebert

Bertram Cohen

455 Clinton Road

Chestnut Hill, MA 02467-1418

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bert has announced there WILL be NE show next year!!

It will be at the same location, Marriot Courtyard, Marlborough, MA...

We will be going back to the Columbus Day Weekend date...

That will be Saturday October 6, for the auction and Sunday October 7 for the show. As always, there will be room trading throughout the weekend, beginning during the day, as people arrive and set up, on Friday, October 5th

With a whole year to work with, I've been contacting some people to see if we can get a group to help Bert out and breath some new life into the show... It's WAY too much work for Bert to be doing alone. He'd like to think it would continue when he is unable to run it...

My organizational skills are so bad.... I cannot take this whole thing on!! But, I can be a great workhorse for someone, or a group, who wants to be the "Boss."

A friend of mine helps Bert out with his computer work. She's not a "marble person," but she loves Bert!! Our first plan is to build a website for the show...

There was a time, when the auction was "Standing Room Only!!" Bev Brule worked so hard at recruiting consignments for the auction... Since we lost Bev, the consignments have dropped down to only a very few...

One of the things we'd like to do with the website, is run a preview of the auction in advance...

We'll have to discuss the details of this with Bert, to see if it would be possible to accept outside bids?

It would also be AWESOME if there was a way to have some live glasswork being done... I'm not sure how we could ever pull that off. I'm sure it would have to be outside of the hotel, if not, completely off grounds...

We are looking for ideas and help!! If anyone has any input of any kind, we'd love to hear it!!

Thanks!!!