Any Word On The Amana -- Coralville, Iowa Marble Meet?

Yes, and here is a quick summerization of the show from my perspective. I personnally thought that Gary and Judy Huxford done a fantastic job on putting this togather in a new location and the activities and flow went very very well. Now a few may dissagree on this but being a show director and sponser here i look at the whole picture. A big Kudos to Gary and Judy from me. There were somewhere around 80 plus rooms on four floors of the hotel with many marbles and related things to marbles to purchase. Buying prices were resonable reflecting back 6 years ago, i thought they were a little soft and some really good buys were found. The flow of marble looking and buying was great with everyone excited on finding a good thing to add to their collections. I personnally met some new people myself and was very pleased to have some new added friends in this hobby. The banquet went very well with anticipated 38 reservations for it and ended up with 68 from what i was told and Steve Sturtz done a fine job on his presentation to the group. The show on saturday went quite well also from what i was told but i left a bit early after setting a show table up for my good friend. The conference room was full of dealers and there were at least 15 states represented at the show. The sales for marbles went good for some and soft for others. For the summization on my part, i feel it went very well and cant wait till next year for another one. Everyone had a great time in the newer hotel. I will add a photo of some of the marbles i found up there. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-80651600-1339579850_thumb.jp

I have to agree with Chuck on the new location.... I didn't think I would like it with the rooms on so many floors, but it spread the people out so it didn't seem so crouded. I think Chuck should show some close ups of the yellow and green pelt though.... yes the one with the blue aventurine running along the edge of the green.

Bob

Mark, i think it was a little however some people might have looked at it in a different light pertaining to a new location and the cost of the hotel and the gas and food and so on. I do know when you attend these shows and want to sell marbles you have to weigh in all those factors and decide if the sales will meet the expensis. Those who did not make it missed a fantastic time and what makes it successful are the people and the friends that you dont get to see but maybe once a year. Sometimes the word does not get out but we being in this family need to help put out the info on all these shows as well as the new ones starting up. This drives the hobby forward and gives a lot of great people pleasure in their hobby. It sure does for me. Try to get a close up of the "Blue Deere" later. Chuck G--

I had a great time at the meet. Room hopping was enjoyable and found a couple of nice handmades to add to the collection. The Saturday show was well promoted by Gary and Judy in local newspapers as well as national antique publications. Between 150 and 200 people walked in to the show on Saturday, not counting the exhibitors and their families. Most left with at least one purchase.

Mark your calendar for next year - The Iowa Marble show will be at the same location. Official show dates are Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1. This is the weekend after Memorial Day in 2013. Friday night will be the banquet with the show itself on Saturday. I think the banquet is an underappreciated part of the show. The food is good, the price is reasonable and it includes some homey entertainment as well as a speaker on a marble related topic. You can't beat the fun!