Jabo And Oxblood

Did the people who make the special runs at Jabo perfect "oxblood"?

I bought a marble recentlly thinking it was a weird looking brick. Like a moss agate or something. But then I started thinking that maybe it is Jabo because it had aventurine in it. But the oxblood on this marble is much more like akro or MF Christesen oxblood than the known samples of Jabo's from a few years back.

It also glows green under black light and non of the other Jabo's that I have do that.

post-209-0-67123100-1343527845_thumb.jpg

post-209-0-40067100-1343527855_thumb.jpg

thanks. I feel kind of stupid because I got caught up in wishful thinking. There were plenty of alarms going off when I bought it. But I only paid $10.00

I made up for it by scoring a shooter sized Peltier Superman and a hand made banded opaque the same weekend for $20.00 each. :)

goldstone exposed to the fire of the furance (without being encased in clear) will give you the oxblood.

not always 4 of the jabo joker run and the J&J fresh start run the goldstone made it throw the tank with out being encased in clear TIME IN TANK AND TEMPERATURE

Seeker, yes Jabo done a really neat run with plenty of oxblood and even had some oxblood floaters in that run. It was the April run in 2009 and i was an investor in that run myself. It had quite an array of oxblood types in this family, plus some produced did have green and blu av in them. Chuck G--

Raynsandy All I can tell you is what happened and no air or fuel was changed.Now the environment of the tank must of been just wright or it wouldn't of happened .And it only happened when we dropped in one certian spot and it didn't stay in the tank very long at all .now we've encased larger pieces of goldstone in clear and it didn't help So that leads me to believe time and temperature . but i thank you for your input

Raynsandy All I can tell you is what happened and no air or fuel was changed.Now the environment of the tank must of been just wright or it wouldn't of happened .And it only happened when we dropped in one certian spot and it didn't stay in the tank very long at all .now we've encased larger pieces of goldstone in clear and it didn't help So that leads me to believe time and temperature . but i thank you for your input

Jabos furnace is about as uneven as you can get, so Im not dissagreeing with you, but merely saying that goldstone will give you the oxblood. The furnace design that they had been using was a 1920's tech that imho, is extremely inefficient and borderline uncontrolable.