Marble

I happened across this while perusing for marbles for sale. I thought I'd share.

What kind of marbles are these?

post-177-0-19083500-1350021627_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-05169800-1350021644_thumb.jpg

They are vintage marbles "recycled"....

http://www.Marblry.Etsy.com I think I am going to write and invite her to visit our board.

Plus, I think I am going to make it to the Vegas show......I'll know for sure this weekend. So excited!!

Thank you!!!

Suzie

Does Vacor make "gems" or would someone have flattened a round one?

Hiya Steph! I fixed the link in my post (I think). These have been flattened for the jewelry. Sorry killermarbles, I don't have any of these myself. I have to admit I cringed a little when I read her narrative hoping she doesn't happen upon a guinea or something:

.I started kiln firing wine and soda bottles (www.cbaltzer.etsy.com).

Then one day I thought MARBLES are glass!!! & as they say, the rest is history...

I love to search for antique and vintage glass marbles...walking into an old antique shop and right away I spot a mason jar full of the little gems. ....

Glass kiln firing them is really interesting, each marble melts differently and some even change color! We have lots of choices as to how to position the marble in the kiln. Each side would have a different outcome. The firing process makes the marble flat on one side and the swirls of glass are brought forward on display. When transforming the marbles into jewelry I use...

Hiya Steph! I fixed the link in my post (I think). These have been flattened for the jewelry. Sorry killermarbles, I don't have any of these myself. I have to admit I cringed a little when I read her narrative hoping she doesn't happen upon a guinea or something:

Wouldn't that make you cry?! Well, maybe not quite cry but ......

But some of those cat's eye pieces are neat .....