Shipping Nightmare

I bought a nice solitaire board from Ebay UK. I have a PO BOX at the main post office here in Lexington I use just for ebay and have a great relationship with the staff at the front desk. Seller from UK says Royal Mail from England doesn't want to ship to PO BOX and to do so will cost $40+. I agree to pay. I check my box daily so just patiently waiting. After 8 days I check the tracking info from Royal mail. It say attempted delivery was made at 9:00am that morning. I had checked box at 10:30am no pkge or notice. I check the next day still no delivery or notice. I go home get the tracking number and go back that afternoon. Ladies at the front desk said give them the tracking # should be no problem. They checked all the places it should be no luck. They go back to international parcel receiving. No luck they run USPS internal tracking which says at the top not for veiwing by non USPS personel. It say attempted deliv. the first day and at 1:00am day 2 declared an invalid address and returned to sender. So it was in the main post office for less than 48 hrs. Now luckily the package did end up back at the sender. The address on the package has the correct PObox country city zip code + 4 digits for the box number. Ebay has given the seller the shipping cost back. Now the question is should I give him my home address and hope for the best knowing it has to go through the same receiving channels at the post office and then get to my carrier and if I'm not home will they be able to find it at the post office when I go to pick it up? First time I have had problems with USPS Bill

Hi Bill,

What a bummer. Does Royal Mail have some type of signature-required service? If they do, you might give that a try. I think the delivery person will leave you a note asking you to pick it up at the post office if you are not around, and it sure seems like they'd give you at least a few days to do it.

Ric,

Yes it required a signature for PO BOX and would require sig to my home. It just apears that it will be exposed to the same incompetence in the post office as it received the first time. I'm leaning toward letting seller give me a refund and just relist it. Bill

Hey Bill,

It could have just been a fluke. It sounds like you've been pretty happy with the PO service up to now. Maybe if you just give the folks you know down there a heads up, or perhaps you could put a hold on the mail to your PO box for a couple of weeks until the package arrives. I hope they would hold everything until you pick it up and release the hold, and there's no harm asking them about your situation specifically.

How badly do you want that board? lol.

Is it the 26" board with the 32 clams that are 1-9/16"

Green base clams with bright orange strips?

If so I don't know how you did it I can't get the guy to give me a price.

I hope not I wanted that board real bad.

If it is well good for you (I guess)

Randy

Ps sorry I was dreaming about marbles again.

No such board out there.

Well as far as I know no there's not.

I get shipping nightmares from time to time.

I have not shipped internationally for years.

Ebay global whatever was set to auto-check for ebay mobile. I didn;t know it and listed a bunch of Mks last week. Guy from australia asks me if I combine (Didn;t know he was for Aussie at the time) I said yes, pew,pew,pew he grabs 3 items. I go to print label NEW INTERNATIONAL SALE....of course it was a WTF moment.

Suffice to say the listings were for 2.70 shipping. I told him it was an accident and there was no way I could ship for that. He says ok,charge me reasonable shipping.

So I check, going to be 22.90. He says he normally gets charged 16.90, so I figure msut be an online generalized pricing issue so i charge him 16.90.

Come to find out 16.90 is for registered mail of a rigid envelope less than 1/4 thickness. I get flustered and I am annoyed and at my post office and I end up sending it standard mail for 9.75

So with the luck I have had in my past I am waiting for the paypal claim,waiting to be ripped :)

I have learned that ebay global is a killer item though.

They handle all of the shipping and you do nothing but wait for their invoice to ship to them and they ship.

Now, the down side is their system is not set up to combine shipping yet,but I am able to open up my sales, much safer, to international now due to this mistake which had i not made I never would have known.

So, I suppose the worse I am out is 80.00 but the stress factor over this was hair puling. I tried to cancel a few times but he either did not understand or was having none of that :)

I had a guy mail me a package from Arizona

2 weeks later no package, he issues a refund.

7 months later his package arrives, I send him a message, he declines payment and we get a good laugh out of it.

I had similar problems with Ebay Shipping. Buyer bought a book. She was registered in Australia and but wanted me to ship to an address in UK. Ebay Global would only ship to the registered address. I tried to ship it directly to her, but she wouldn't pay more than the shipping shown on Ebay Global (which netted me the amount to ship in the US). I ended up trying to cancel the sale and she left me a negative feedback. Complained to Ebay and they said it was my fault for not shipping to her registered address. I've opted out of Ebay Global shipping now, it's not worth the hassle.

I had similar problems with Ebay Shipping. Buyer bought a book. She was registered in Australia and but wanted me to ship to an address in UK. Ebay Global would only ship to the registered address. I tried to ship it directly to her, but she wouldn't pay more than the shipping shown on Ebay Global (which netted me the amount to ship in the US). I ended up trying to cancel the sale and she left me a negative feedback. Complained to Ebay and they said it was my fault for not shipping to her registered address. I've opted out of Ebay Global shipping now, it's not worth the hassle.

Well, if you use it as it is intended you are fine.

Ebay bills them,they pay ebay and you have no involvement. If they get made, give them the ebay global customer service. Do not let anyone request an alternate shipping point EVER :)

If they pay then leave a neg after issuing ranting message, ebay will remove them. Ebay did not remove yours because you circumvented them and their profit machine :)

Besides,Bob, if ANYONE in this hobby can handle neg hits...it;s you lol

If I took 1-2 negs in a month I wouldn;t be able to GIVE a marble away :)