Percha Or Poly?

So I recently purchased a "gutta percha" on the bay... I've never owned one, or seen one in hand. I've read a lot of past articles on here about them and have learned quite a bit... Though I haven't received it yet, I'm worried mine may actually be a poly clay marble. It's just too bright, and doesn't seem to be "hand painted". I should've done more research before purchasing, I know, but I have learned a lot from this! So, let me get to the point... How can I tell if it is a percha or a poly without sawing them in half like zaboo??? Lol

If it was the auction I got with a search, which ended on the 24th, that looks like poly clay.

One clue might be the price. I don't mean that sarcastically. I just remember when gutta perchas were selling for hundreds (or was that over a thousand?).

It was on the 24th.... Bright yellow, blue, and black. The seller assured me no hassel return if I'm not satisfied... He was very familiar with poly clay and said its not... But I'm sure he doesn't realize how many polys my kids have made... I'll be able to tell by feel I'm sure once I receive it. They usually are slightly "warm" to the touch.