2014 Jabo Update

That "Simply Jabo" run has some nice colors! I definitely like some of these recent runs, and I grab up a few here and there when I can. So what is the deal with Jabo? I thought they went out of business, or are these just runs by others using there equipment?

The deal with Jabo question I find kinda funny. Jabo HATERS are spreading this rumor that Jabo Company is out of business... makes me laugh!!! They are running hot and heavy the JABO COMPANY runs. It is true that others USE the Jabo Company machines but these people are NOT employed to the Jabo Company whatsoever. The pictures on my site are JABO COMPANY run marbles.

Also the company have 5 or 6 company runs over the next few months. Please ignore the Jabo Company HATERS at all times and take what they say with a grain of salt.

Because making corkscrews was an extremely difficult task with very complicated machinery, multiple tanks and a complicated feeding system.. Much more than the hole in the bottom of a tank letting glass flow directly into the shear mechanism that drops the globs on the rollers used at Jabo today. WE are proably talking 7 figures to build everything needed to make proper corkscrews the way Akro did it.

barker-fig-2web_0.jpg

barker-fig-spinning-cup2-us_0.jpg

ira-freese-patent-1922.jpg

coloring by Jeff Hale

That cup mechanism was on a geared hinge system that allowed it to tilt forward to drop the marble on the rollers then spring back. (notice the spring to soften the blow as it snapped bac)k. I really would have loved to see that thing churning out marbles at a torrid pace. I bet it was poetry in motion.