Indian Maglite. How Common Are Blue And Green Base Glass.

From what I have read, the most common colour for the base glass in Indian maglites is dark red or dark amethyst. I only have a couple of Indian's in my collection, one of which has a dark blue base and one a dark green. Can anyone give me an idea how common this is?

The marbles are pictured in my gallery (named misc), sitting on a strong torch to give an idea of the colours. The colour fidelity of the camera isn't exact, with the gree base glass looking more like an icy blue.

I'll attach them onto this post once I remember how. 😞

Steve

Even without pics, I can tell you that blue-, green-, and amber-based Indians are pretty hard to find. Much less common than deep purple or red. Although I think some of them get overlooked. People just assume that because they look black, they are. Always check!

What color blue do you have? I have one that is surprisingly light-colored once it's back-lit. Almost medium teal. Is yours like that, or is it a dark blue?

Thanks Anne,

that's very gratifying to hear.

I guess, to a great extent, how pale the base glass looks depends on how bright the torch is, but under a strong light both blue and green bases (particularly the green) are very pale.

If you can view my gallery, it will give youa better idea of the colours. Failing that, I will pop onto the PC tomorrow and try attaching them to this thread. (The cats are asleep, for the night, in the study and I don't want to wake them 😁)

Steve

They're my fav- handmades,yours has a beautiful blue color!!

The green-blue and amber based are indeed less common than red-purple and opaque black.

Also the size-condition and amount of colors is important,and how much someone wants it LOL.

Here's an other with a green base,mine is 13/16.

indian%20Small_zpsjggwyvsz.jpg