Vitro ID

JerryG

How better to spend a lazy Sunday than digging through marbles. Over the years I haven't paid much attention to the Vitros that slowly filled bags until I recently became interested in Tiger Eyes and all their possible color variations. So I started digging through bags looking for Vitro marbles. These two caught my eye, only because I didn't think I had seen anything like them. Quickly figured out the one on the left is a Blackie and was thinking the one on the right was a Whitie, until I read the description and compared it two a couple Whities that have been IDd for me. Description says 'Opaque white base with same colored ribbons running from seam to seam'. This one has a clear base with white patches on the poles and same colored ribbons running from seam to seam. Still a Whitie?

VitroPatches.jpg

It is sometimes called a Transparent Whitie.

I don't consider it technically a  Whitie and am not aware of it being sold in Whities packaging.  It would be in the Tiger Eye family.  Examples  have been found in the cellophane tubes that kids would get in cereal boxes.