Newbie learning about marble bags

24 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

Here are the other two pages on the fkae marble bags flyer from the mid to late 1990's.

Thanks - I think I've seen most of the ones in the photos already, and a fair few out of the list. The list will be useful to check against though. :thup: 

I'm happy these are genuine, but am I looking at late 60's or early 70's? No age/swallowing notices, just the address on the back.

s-l225.jpg

Actually are there any differences between the late 60's and early 70's Marble King Cats eyes?

Am I right in assuming with a Peltier bag of this age they're likely to be Marble King Cats eyes too?

s-l225.jpg

Thanks for folks' help and patience!

I don't know how to age Marble King bags at all.  Maybe Al can help with that.  My first thought was it might be newer but then I let the "No age/swallowing notices" comment sink in and that could put it in the year range you mention.  But no, I couldn't tell the difference between a 60's or 70's MK cat's eye.  I likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 50's and a 90's MK cat's eye.  Some of their cat's eyes now have different colors and textures (some samples) but I'm under the general impression that they made about the same kind of cat's eye for decades.  

Would need a closer look at the Peltier bag.  What style of marble is in them?  If it's a four vaned cat eye, then yes, it's likely Marble King.  Peltier and Marble King had a close relationship.  However, if it's bananas, then they're Peltiers.

The Peltier bags with Marble Kings in them are nice oddities to have.  

The Peltier bags with bananas in them are nice ones to have.  So either way, cool. 

32 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

Steph is on point - hard to tell when MK Cat's were made.  You can find a variety of MK's in those Peltier bags - cat's and even Rainbows.

Thanks - both I'll ponder the Marble King bag and probably bid on the Peltier. Marble King Catseyes seem to be generally priced low and always available,  :thup: 

Tiny little p.s. ... I can usually ID MK bags from before the 60's. :)

And there is one style of MK cat eye from the late 50's which stands out. The style known as St. Marys.  If you see some of those in MK bags, then I'd say bid. 

Some St. Marys cats: 

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/20993-calling-all-cats-eyes/?do=findComment&comment=185300

10 minutes ago, Steph said:

Tiny little p.s. ... I can usually ID MK bags from before the 60's. :)

And there is one style of MK cat eye from the late 50's which stands out. The style known as St. Marys.  If you see some of those in MK bags, then I'd say bid. 

Some St. Marys cats: 

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/20993-calling-all-cats-eyes/?do=findComment&comment=185300

Pretty - I shall keep an eye out :)

Of course these boxes could be backfilled.  But sometimes they're not.  It's "early" for me this morning.  Shouldn't have clicked yet. :P I can't remember if this is a box I have.  Hopefully someone with more clarity of thought will have a comment.  .... you don't have a pic of the contents do you?

17 minutes ago, Steph said:

Of course these boxes could be backfilled.  But sometimes they're not.  It's "early" for me this morning.  Shouldn't have clicked yet. :P I can't remember if this is a box I have.  Hopefully someone with more clarity of thought will have a comment.  .... you don't have a pic of the contents do you?

No the listing claims it's unopened (yes that's always a gamble). Perhaps the question should have been, what should this box contain :)

23 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

These "jobber" boxes were filled with a variety of marbles - a lot of time Champions but you find other ones in there also.  No specific company name tied to this box as I recall.

Thanks Al. I've got around 200 champions on their way so I won't take the gamble. 

Btw the Buddy bags are on their way to Faversham. Thoughts at the moment as their are two pairs of headers is carefully opening one of each and keeping the other two sealed, but I've yet to open the other bags that have arrived. I want to see the contents but... :)