Strata?

54 minutes ago, jeeperman said:

I have heard it used to explain the almost ridge like look of clear and colored glass where the color remains the same but there appears to be a movement of pattern. difficult to see but visible in the right light angle.

I've heard it in the same context.

Also -- if you carefully read the Peltier patent that's been a source of much discussion (and argument) here in the past (and NO I'm not trying to start THAT up again! pirate3.gif ) -- the one that I and a few others believe was behind the feathered slag -- that is the specific word used.  Not ribbons, not threads, not strands, etc.  Stria.  Keeping in mind that patents are legal documents, and that in them word choice is crucial.

I should go to the random conversation thread and talk about how my bedroom, when I was a teen, was paneled in striated plywood . . .

2 hours ago, budwas said:

. . . is it visible in the clear glass? Like heat waves on the deserts of New Mexico? 

Sometimes, in the odd Pelt, you can make it out . . . but if there's no color change, it's not particularly noticeable.  You have to be looking for it . . .

14 hours ago, budwas said:

Lol, subconsciously yes I'm sure. Lately marbles is all I think about. And I'm not kidding. There worse then drugs. 

He's a goner.

YAY!