Magic red marbles?

I have two marbles, 1/2" they look black from a foot or so away. When I hold a light behind them and shine it towards myself there dark red and clear as can be, absolutely nothing in them. But when I shine the light from the front and about three inches away there is the most beautiful pattern inside. Like there is another marble inside, it looks like a onionskin tapering to both poles. But hold it up to a light and it's nothing more then a red clearie. Can't seem to get a picture of the pattern. 

Hope your all not laughing at this point.:(

Actually this sounds familiar to me.  The marble inside a marble.  Like a red marble inside a gold marble.   Or some such combination.  

I think you may have a Master clearie there. (That's what the tapering onionskin shape makes me think of.)

I think you need one of my Little Debbie 'Cosmic Brownies' with Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting!
(That's from the 'What Are You Eating Now?' topic, if you don't know what I'm talking about.)  :)

Just kidding, and absolutely not laughing at this point.

It would be good if you could try again to get whatever kind of picture you can.
Or maybe Steph could post a shot of the marble she's talking about, and you could say if it looks similar.

confetti.gif   Ha!  I like the detail in your description.  Not just a kaleidoscope, but a wooden handmade one.

I can guarantee you that you're in the right marble group if you also have other fun and interesting things you like, like this.
Very diverse group here.  But the same in that they're all nuts in a good way.  ( :

Yes, I like it here very much! Reminds me of a group I was in a few years ago when I was painting. It was a blast until this guy Bob joined. He never had a nice thing to say about the newbies art. It was never constructive criticism with him and only his work was worthy of being posted.  I lost it one day when he told a young artist they should try something else. I offered to pay him a visit 400 miles away, I was more then fair and offered to drive all the way, i didnt even ask him to meet me half way. They gave me the boot. So I drove the 400 miles looked him up, knocked on his door and introduced myself then handed him a box with all my pastels in it and left. I wasn't very good anyway and treasure hunting for marbles is much more exciting. I am truly thankful for all the help and humor here.

Bud

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, budwas said:

That sounds really good right now, little Debbie cosmic brownies and milk while gazing thru a wooden handmade kalidescope.

I'll be right over.