what marble is this?

GoofyCat

something happened today that rarely happens like once or twice a year.

I found marbles in the wild on rural Canadian prairies. and they are not cats eyes .. lol

anyways. here is 2 of the flea market finds. 25 cents a piece.. i can tell they are old. and they have been played with excellently.

1st one is  .75" and the second one is 1"

redblueyellowcontactsheet_opt.jpg

greenswirlcontactsheet_opt.jpg

Congratulations on the wild find!

Those are two marbles?  I was picturing it as three.  Two in the top group, and the the green and white one.

So the top is red, blue, yellow and of course white?  I'm wavering between Akro and Vitro on that one.  

The neatness of the blue and red on the equator make me wonder if I should be thinking harder about Vitro, but right now I'm leaning Akro.  Tri-Color Agate.  

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/21619-akro-tri-color-agates/

I'll guess Alley on the green and white, but I would feel better about that if it were an inch instead of 3/4 of an inch.   

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Congratulations on the wild find!

Those are two marbles?  I was picturing it as three.  Two in the top group, and the the green and white one.

So the top is red, blue, yellow and of course white?  I'm wavering between Akro and Vitro on that one.  

The neatness of the blue and red on the equator make me wonder if I should be thinking harder about Vitro, but right now I'm leaning Akro.  Tri-Color Agate.  

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/21619-akro-tri-color-agates/

I'll guess Alley on the green and white, but I would feel better about that if it were an inch instead of 3/4 of an inch.   

thank you..

the green and white one is 1" and the red blue and yellow one is 3/4 "

on my screen shows the red blue and yellow one show first then below that the green white one comes second.