Estate marbles - Identification

Serine23

I am new to the community, hello. 

I sell a lot of vintage and antique items, and from time to time I find old marbles. In fact I have jars in boxes in my garage, and I never know how to identify them, or if they are even old. I recently found this jar, plus some clay ones I set aside. Does anyone know if these are old? Special? Or simply just a fun collection. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

- Serine

P9150016.jpg

P9150019 (1).jpg

P9150021.jpg

Hi Serine.  Welcome.

I think mostly a fun collection. :)

Mixed ages.  

Some from around 1930 and a smattering of others right up to modern day.  Also a mix of makers.  Peltier, Vitro, Master, Peltier, some from Asia (we wouldn't be able to tell company names for those), and I think some from West Virginia swirl companiees.

In your last photo, there is a black and red one which might be the most valuable in the lot -- assuming it is mint condition -- which I'll guess it isn't.  A single chip can knock marble value down by half or more.

One very interesting one to me is the swirly one with the inky blue ribbon on a white and clear base, with a touch of yellow.

Nothing is standing out as very valuable, but I'd pull out the two I mentioned.  

Thank you Steph! I genuinely appreciate that! I was thinking the two clear on the bottom of the image were pretty neat. But I'll pull out the red too. 

I have others I should dig out, plus a jar of my grandfathers marbles I keep in my window. Come to think of it, I hope that the sun isn't bad for them, they are so beautiful! 

23 is a lucky number!

Your cats eyes are Peltier, Vitro and Asian that I'm sure about.  Plus odds say there will turn out to be some Marble King cat's eyes in there also.

The large Peltier Banana cat's eyes could be worth a few bucks apiece.  (You have one in a pale green and one in yellow-orange.)    

So still not bunches, but they're nice to have.