Marble King....lets talk

BuckEye

Does anyone know the production Years and relative amounts of the rare marble kings produced? I heard there was a book coming out. I know just from books and experience that watermelon, dragonfly and green hornet are the rarest obviously but Is that because we know those are rare or just because a lot have not shown up. A few years ago I know a bunch of watermelons popped up and drove the price down. Also, are the hybrids runs that were found in original bags? or were they all dug?? Lastly I heard that the very very earliest mk's were patch-ribbon-patch. Any credence to that? I know it's usually P-r-r-P.

I think the patch-ribbon-patch is same as patch-ribbon-ribbon-patch - just too lazy to type the additional ribbon.  Obviously there are a lot of variations - patches on one side of the top (or bottom), offsetting ribbons, matching ribbons, etc.  Very few rare ones have been seen in packaging.  Someone had a MK Rainbows bag with a true Watermelon and a blended Watermelon in it at the WVMCC Show back in 2005 that I saw.  Chuck B. had been trying to by it from the guy for years.  In all the packaging that I have, no rare ones.