Group 18: possible oxblood/egg yolk

Jjay

These also fluoresce under a black light. I'm gonna try to put some on eBay tomorrow if I don't get to frustrated. How do you determine a starting price on your marbles? Do you put a reserve on your marble auctions? Thanks for your help

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

I don't see anything I would call eggyolk.

#1 WV Swirl, probably Alley

#2 could be an Akro Corkscrew -- nice twisty one if so

#3 leaning Alley with these views but that really wide ribbon is making me doubt

#4. Leaning Vitro

#5. Akro Moss Agate

#6. Probably Alley

I wouldn't do a reserve. 

Some people start everything low and count on people getting sucked in by the potentially inexpensive marbles.

My general recommendation is that you start your listings at $9.99.  You  could have a group of 20 plain WV swirls, or you could have a single cork.  

One very tricky thing about auctions is grading the marble's condition. And another thing is giving accurate sizes.  This becomes more important if you're selling single marbles than if you're selling a group.  For a single marble you need to give a really good description with good pictures. 

You get to list 50 auctions for free per month, so if you price something too high and it doesn't sell, you're not out the listing fee.  But if you put a reserve, I'm pretty sure that costs.