ID help: mystery marble from my yard!

jenFTW

I'm in the middle of a landscape renovation - it's a huge project (think taking down trees, ripping up a driveway, getting rid of the lawn, re-grading my whole yard etc). Kind of like scraping the frosting off a cake, the entire area around my house has been stripped down to bare dirt. As I was headed out to work the other day I saw something blue and shiny kinda half-sticking out of the ground. With all the heavy machinery out there, I'm impressed this marble made it out relatively unscathed.

I grew up in the suburbs where there's not a whole lot of history so I'm starved for cool mysteries and I love figuring out the stories behind old stuff. The house I live in now is almost 100. Last year I ran my address though the local newspaper archives and pieced together an interesting, incomplete history (buyers, sellers, births, deaths, people who bred Boston Terriers in the 1920's... y'know, newspaper stuff). I know lots of families have lived here over the years. I don't know much about marbles though so as far as I'm concerned, this could have been dropped last week or 10 years ago or 100 years ago. I figured who better to ask than the marble experts!

Apologies, the light in my office is a little warm-toned. This marble is blue, white, and kinda reddish coral in person. The blue is translucent and you can see tiny little bubbles in that part. The white is swirled into the blue. The reddish coral seems to be in a white layer on the outside and maybe part of it got scratched? One whole side of this marble is that bluey-white color (not as distinctive so I didn't take a pic of that side).

Thank you so much in advance! Let me know if you need more photos!

unnamed.thumb.jpg.0f55b06ed4a68f19c0d337ac80862386.jpg

It was produced by Vitro Agate in Parkersburg WV.  Time frame is probably from early 1940's to about 1960's.  Vitro Agate was in business at Parkersburg from 1931 until 1986.  They produced millions of marbles per week, 24hrs. a day, seven days a week.