ID Help

keifu

Many thanks, Steph! I've been wondering about these marbles for years. They never seem to appear in my reference books (Block, Grist, etc.) or on the marble ID websites...which surprises me because they're relatively common. They seem to come in two main varieties, differing in the intensity of the blue (a bit darker in the examples I sent earlier) and the reddish swirls...more of a maroon in the earlier examples or brighter red as shown in the photo attached. Would these also be Alley Agates? Thanks again!

Aloha,
Keith

DSCN4125 (1) copy.jpg

Yep, that's my vote.  

Mr. Alley was the busiest marble maker of the era.  Edit: well, I guess I don't know that!  There was still Peltier and Vitro out there and they were doing big business.  But as far as swirls go, Mr. Alley was very busy.  :)

Thanks very much, Steph!  At the risk of wearing out my welcome, I'd like your opinion on another group of marbles. I picked these up at a collectibles show maybe 10 years ago. The yellow seems to be quite superficial (more so than it appears in the photo). Might these be Vacor?

DSCN4168 (1) copy.jpg

The blue base and red are Alley made at the St. Marys WV site,1937-1948. Also very common is the similar green base with red swirl. 

The yellow and red above are Champion Agate.