Interesting Earthenware Bowl

I picked up this interesting earthenware bowl at a local auction.  It is made of a light weight, low-fired earthenware material and measures 3-3/8" in diameter.  Under magnification, the furnish is a matrix of clay and fibrous (assuming plant or straw) material.  There is the faint remnant of a thick black line that traverses the circumference, with trace green and red surface coloring here and there.  I have not been able to find much info on earthenware lawn (or carpet) bowls.  Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on where it might have been made and approximate vintage.  Thanks, mibstified

845600504_EarthenwareLawnBowlCanvasLargee-mailview.thumb.jpg.0dd6a6241142176d4ba5ab03492e4eb3.jpg

Mibs, very nice example. A friend and i was lucky enough to purchase some 16th and 17th century dug items from Europe and this (real early) stuff resembles this Earthenware. I must say, all this stuff no matter what it is fun to discuss. Most collectors here seek the early American Toy examples of this type of Earthenware.  Chuck G--

Hey Chuck G, thanks for posting your interesting info.  The presence of fibrous material had me thinking it was an early earthenware firing. I'm now wondering how early a "ball or bowl" would have been made for some kind of bowling game, and in/where what culture.  Hey Google!:-)