Pretty cool cats eye shooter.

rjx

53 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

The 6 vane, 3 way crossthrus used to have more value as did the 9 vane (3 color types) (exterior vanes) - still have more value than commons but...

but...they're still just  cats eyes? :)

I'm starting to find out cats aren't real popular. I had these listed on ebay for pretty cheap and didn't get one bid. These are a bit bigger. About 1 1/8". Having better luck just selling large lots of marbles and throwing some of the cateye shooters in with them.

DSC00489.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

Yes, in general, cat's eyes are not popular.  Cat's eyes often subtract from the value of a mixed lot.  

I would have bet  on you being able to sell a lot full of super-sized marbles, but yeah, basic six-vane cats with that orientation of the color are considered very common.    

5 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

If the title did not say the size, the potential buyers might have just passed it over looking at the picture, thinking they were 5/8 size.

I specified the size. Had all 6 on bid for a week. Starting bid at $3.99 and no bites. Maybe I'll try again with a lower starting price. 

1 hour ago, rjx said:

I specified the size. Had all 6 on bid for a week. Starting bid at $3.99 and no bites. Maybe I'll try again with a lower starting price. 

I'd be tempted to start higher.  Maybe put it at $9 on one of those month-long fixed price listings, and maybe someone would pick it up when they bought another of your listings.

Well, good luck.  Make sure you don't take a hit on shipping if you put it lower. 

8 minutes ago, Steph said:

I'd be tempted to start higher.  Maybe put it at $9 on one of those month-long fixed price listings, and maybe someone would pick it up when they bought another of your listings.

Well, good luck.  Make sure you don't take a hit on shipping if you put it lower. 

Thanks Steph. I'll either try that or try selling more at a time for about the same shipping cost. I have about 50 -75 of the 1" cat eye shooters. I picked those 6 because they were 1 1/8. Maybe I'll have better luck selling 20 - 25 at a time. I definitely don't want to take a hit on the shipping or let them go for next to nothing. I'm sure I'll sell them eventually. If not, they'll make a nice gift for my future grand kids :). Thanks again Steph.