Umm... Please don't say JABO...

rockgardenplants

...I mean you can say JABO if you'd like but look at the photos first. I just about dropped to my knees when I found this in my Dad's collection. It grades near mint minus, but the dang thing is 15/16"!!! It looks like a few spots were buffed and most of the surface area of the marble were left alone. And the last photo... I didn't think CAC used oxblood. 

What do all of you think?

Good morning,

rockgardenplants

_DSC9859.JPG

_DSC9858.JPG

_DSC9860.JPG

_DSC9862.JPG

_DSC9863.JPG

_DSC9871.JPG

OK. Now the white stripes make sense. It is quite a beauty to hold. Thanks for helping a guy out! I can never know what might be in the next box of my Dad''s collection.

He had them pretty well organized and then my Mom put them in boxes. She didn't mix them together out of spite or anything. She loved my Dad and still does very much. 

She just wanted her basement sewing room back! 😅

When I took photos of the marble there were a few that showed a short line of additional glare. I've taken 1000s of marble photos and when something like a little extra glare shows, I know that it's time to look again.  

The buffed portion of the marble is quite small in ratio to the entire surface, but I think it was buffed for a moment and someone changed their mind. 

EDIT: I just noticed that the second photo and the 2nd to last photo show the extra glare. Marbles with an original surface don't do that.

Have a great night.

James

P.S. Yes, I will be selling this, unfortunately. I am beginning a charity support on all of my eBay listings. O.U.R. (Operation Underground Railroad) is operated by Tim Ballard. He quit his job at FBI, gave up his pension... everything.                                                                                                                                                                                                              He made this leap of faith when he heard of the number of children who are kidnapped each year and sold to pedophiles. There is a movie to be released this year, "Sound Of Freedom" with Jim Caviezel playing Tim Ballard. I know                                                                                                                                                                                                          that my Dad would want me to do this. So, everything must go. 

MODERATOR: If describing the charity that will receive donations is inappropriate, please delete what is needed.