Help please

crowncarrier

Hi all,

Over the last 5 years I have acquired a ton of marbles from auctions, thrift stores, garage sales, and kijiji. But not too long ago I purchased a collection that seemed to have a bunch that looked to have some special ones here and there. Today I actually sold 16 marbles and the gentleman that purchased them collects Uranium marbles.....I never knew they existed. He was surprised to find 16 in my lot as he said most of mine must be from pre 1930/40's and he even found 2 from the 1800's. Anyway here's what I have with a few pictures of some of the nice ones up close. My personal collection consists of German Swirls everything else like the ones here I have posted I will be moving. Please let me know if I have anything special.

DSC_1742.JPG

DSC_1743.JPG

DSC_1744.JPG

DSC_1745.JPG

DSC_1746.JPG

DSC_1747.JPG

DSC_1748.JPG

DSC_1749.JPG

DSC_1750.JPG

DSC_1751.JPG

DSC_1752.JPG

DSC_1753.JPG

DSC_1754.JPG

DSC_1755.JPG

DSC_1756.JPG

DSC_1757.JPG

DSC_1758.JPG

DSC_1759.JPG

DSC_1761.JPG

DSC_1762.JPG

DSC_1763.JPG

DSC_1764.JPG

DSC_1760.JPG

Hi.  Welcome.  You have a wide range of marbles.  Many from the first half of the 1900's.  Some (particularly the cat's eyes) which would be from later.   

The red white and blue marble which you highlighted in a solo shot is interesting to me.  Maybe start a new thread with two or three views  of that one.  An introductory thread with a big group of marbles is okay to give us a taste of what you have.  However, to get ID's, it's best to limit the number of marbles per thread.  If you have more than a few in a thread it can be very hard to identify which marble we're talking about.  And if more views are needed, it can get very hairy indeed.

Also, I might venture to say, the cat'seyes that have a greenish tint to the base are most likely foreign made (Japanese) and worth pennies.  Look at Stephen Barr's You Tube video for more about cateyes.  Very informative.  BTW, the marbles in your first pic look especially fun to pick through.