Vitros? and Two Others

Marbleized

Hurray!  I had a chance to hunt for some cheap marbles to practice identifying.  I have an inkling as to what 4 out of 5 of them are.  Any feedback would be great.

1. Alley? Opaque white base with slate blue, green, and orange (tracer?), possibly brown (or blending). .62"

2. Translucent white base with a translucent blue and syrupy tannish swirl (when I put a light to it, the tannish part looks yellowish). The swirl looks like a winding road or river. I can see bubbles where it is translucent so I'm wondering if maybe the white is not the base.  .61".

3. Vitro odd cateye? At first I was thinking Peltier because of the off set ribbons, but the glass looked "vitro" clear. .60"

4. Vitro Superior? .64" 

5. Vitro? .64".  

Thanks!!!

IMG_7946 2.jpg

IMG_7945 2.jpg

IMG_7944 2.jpg

IMG_7942 2.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

Edited by Marbleized
replaced a duplicate picture

1.  I have seen that color combo several times and I can't remember getting a satisfactory answer about what it was.  I think maybe I saw it id-ed as Alley but for some reason I was uncomfortable with that.  Maybe someone will say Alley now ... and maybe they'll add an exclamation point or a "totally" or something and make me believe it. 

2. Ravenswood?

3.  Felt "solid Pelt" on the last view (which I saw first), but then moved to "leaning Pelt" with the 2nd to last view.  More views could help. 

4.  Sweet Vitro Tri-Lite.  Not sure if it has another name.  Don't think it's a Superior. 

5. Leaning Vitro.

For number 1, I have something that looks kind of like that but with blue and browns.  I think it was ID'ed as an alley. So I was thinking that this was close enough to be one, too.

As for number 2, I was thinking Ravenswood also, but hesitated because I still can't wrap my brain around one quality that screams out "Ravenswood". When I think of Ravenswood, I think of ribbons that weave in and out like Alleys and Champions.  This one has a ribbon that snakes back and forth "on the surface". 

I have more pics for number 3.  There is a ribbon that looks like a vane on the inside. That was also a reason for leaning more "Vitro". The part that looks "peltish" is that ribbon on the outer edge that might be a vane that is dissolving.  

Thanks for your time Steph!  I really appreciate your dedication to keeping us marble people engaged on "all things marble" and occasionally on feline friends! :music-rocker-001:

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

I'm 95% on board with Pelt there.  99%?  I think it's Pelt.  Just some little room for doubt because I'm having trouble reconciling the ribbon count.

And you are very welcome!  ❤️ 

Oh, by the way, I was looking on eBay to get an idea of what different types of marbles look like and I came across one that looked like my first marble in the attached group photo. That marble was selling as a Christensen.  Is it a possibility? I would have taken a screenshot of it, but wasn't too sure if that was "legal" or proper to do, so I didn't.

That's what I thought.  I've been noticing a lot of marbles that I think are mislabeled, now that I've been doing more research. I still don't buy really expensive marbles because I'm still afraid of the possibility of purchasing a Vacor and paying Christensen Guinea prices.  I'll wait for a marble show to spend on something more prized. Thanks!