Accidental new guy

ZoidMeister

Greetings,

New to THIS forum, but I've been around discussion forums for a while.  The Marble Connection was the first collector forum to come up in my Google-Fu search, hence the "accidental" moniker.

Reason for my visit:  Trying to downsize my worldly possessions, I was going through some tins of old foreign coins that I've had for decades (and decades).  I ran across a couple of "intriguing" marbles that I found when I was a kid.  Was looking to get more information on one of them, the other I am sure is quite pedestrian.

The one I am most interested in was found in an old pottery jug when I was a kid that I pulled out of the Mississippi river in Wisconsin during the 1965 flood.  My parents cleaned out this old moonshine jug and found a couple of marbles in it, one of them was painted.

Anyway, I will get a decent photo taken and will be back to post it.

Zoid

5 hours ago, Steph said:

Hello.  Welcome.  That left marble looks like a winner.   And you are correct about the other being "pedestrian" -- a common cat's eye.   :)

Thanks for the welcome.  You seem to have an incredible wealth of knowledgeable members here.  I am still trying to learn and navigate the forum software.  I am most familiar with the Xenforo platform.  This one has a bit of a learning curve for an old guy like me.

Looking forward to learning and participating.

Z

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 12:57 AM, Chad G. said:

Welcome ZoidMeister  :wave2: fun time's ahead.

Thanks for the welcome Chad,

Regrets that has taken me this long to get back with you.  I usually check in on my internet forums during the week while at work, and the past two weeks it feels that tasks have doubled over the previous several weeks.  When I get home in the evenings, I go off technology until my wife goes to bed, then it's just an hour or less, and truthfully, I forgot to check back in here on the Marble Connection.   Just trying to leanr more, and reconnect.

Zoid (aka Gary)

30 minutes ago, ZoidMeister said:

Thanks for the welcome Chad,

Regrets that has taken me this long to get back with you.  I usually check in on my internet forums during the week while at work, and the past two weeks it feels that tasks have doubled over the previous several weeks.  When I get home in the evenings, I go off technology until my wife goes to bed, then it's just an hour or less, and truthfully, I forgot to check back in here on the Marble Connection.   Just trying to leanr more, and reconnect.

Zoid (aka Gary)

Thank's for getting back Gary, talk soon when you have the time.

Regards,

Chad G.