Why I don't sneer at Vacors

Some Vacor marbles have slipped into my collection behind my back when bidding on a bottle with marbles I really wanted- some (I.E. The Destroyer) I quickly donated to Goodwill, a few have stayed. Because of Steven B's video I have a name for the ones I will always keep: the orange , black , yellow & white 2 are called Sunflowers, & the one without the yellow is Halloween. I especially like how the top Sunflower crisscrosses it's self, & from front & back almost looks like a cats-eye   

vacors.jpg

vacors-a.jpg

vacors-b.jpg

vacors-c.jpg

I have some Vacor that also made it into my collection the same way, when I bought a can or jar or two there where always some Vacor's in the mix. I saved all the mint one's, now I save anything mint. There is a dwindling supply of even what used to be the most common mib. I still have my favorite's but won' turn up my nose to any nice mint marble.

I apologize, I got the names mixed up, I ment to say, without the white is the Sunflower- the pictures don't do the marbles justice, you can get lost in the twists & turns inside them. I know what you mean about the marble supply. I've never seen any at a thrift shop or yd.sale, & the prices have seemed to have gone up just since I began to collect them  since last Aug.

I like the swirl's in them also. I also like the red devil's, Michelangelo and serpentina because of their semblance of a superman. a very few of them are exactly the color's of a pelt. just not the NLR or miller type swirling, both are very distinct.

On 8/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, Chad G. said:

Hello Bonniemarbles,

I only have a few vacor, here's a pic of my favorite a 'Michelangelo" I have several of this type but this one has the best pattern

michealangelo.PNG

I have two of these in my display case, beautiful mibs.