Can I get some assistance with this one? It's beautiful...

rockgardenplants

I haven't had the joy of seeing this marble before!  It measures 13/16" and near mint plus.  There are several flat spots over the marble surface all of which are covered with color.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

_DSC1738.JPG

_DSC1739.JPG

_DSC1740.JPG

_DSC1741.JPG

_DSC1742.JPG

_DSC1743.JPG

Edited by rockgardenplants
additional information

It's got more color than most, no doubt about that. Definitely, brown, blue and green and some red too, and more where the colors come together - like purple. The colors do remind me some of the nicely colored Akron Rollers too so maybe I'll just go with a Super Fancy Earthenware.

You make a good point, Roberto. And that's why I backed off on the Bennington idea a bit. But the "eyes" on the marble in the op suggest it was glazed and fired. I don't often see that characteristic on clay marbles, which is why I am sticking with kiln-fired earthenware. Even though, I think some people might call it a fancy Bennington. Whatever it is, it's a cut above a typical Bennington or earthenware marble, at least in my book. The colors are great!

10 hours ago, Da Roberto said:

Are you sure Bennington?

Or a clay marble like this? ... Just a hypothesis

7.jpg

9.jpg

My opinion is that the marble I have is like the one you have. Not to grade your marble, but it looks like it has had a serious amount of playtime. The "chips" of paint and underneath look like the marble I have. It seems that when some of the glaze comes off, it is a very shallow loss of glaze / color. I think that's why your marble is still very round after the playtime that it has seen. The chips on the marble I have can be seen especially in photo 4 on the left side. When I wrote "There are several flat spots over the marble surface" I wasn't referring to any Bennington "eyes" although there is one "eye" that is captured three times in photos 1, 2 and 6. The "flat spots" I'm referring to are seen only in photo 6, just barely to the right of center. I could take about 25 - 30 photos to put glare on all of the flat spots and then it would be easy to see what I mean. I want to check the weight of this marble to a Bennington of the same size and see how close they are in weight. I just can't find my scale that measures in grams, ounces etc... 

Opinions still welcome!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

La mia opinione è che il marmo che ho è come quello che hai tu. Non per valutare il tuo marmo, ma sembra che abbia avuto una seria quantità di tempo di gioco. Le "scheggiature" di vernice e sotto sembrano il marmo che ho. Sembra che quando una parte dello smalto si stacca, è una perdita molto superficiale di smalto / colore. Penso che sia per questo che la tua biglia è ancora molto rotonda dopo il tempo di gioco che ha visto. Le scheggiature sul marmo che ho si possono vedere soprattutto nella foto 4 sul lato sinistro. Quando ho scritto "Ci sono diverse macchie piatte sulla superficie del marmo" non mi riferivo ad alcun "occhio" di Bennington anche se c'è un "occhio" che viene catturato tre volte nelle foto 1, 2 e 6. Le "macchie piatte" Mi riferisco a sono visibili solo nella foto 6, appena a destra del centro. Potrei scattare circa 25-30 foto per mettere abbagliamento su tutti i punti piatti e poi sarebbe facile capire cosa intendo. Voglio controllare il peso di questo marmo su un Bennington delle stesse dimensioni e vedere quanto sono vicini in peso. Non riesco a trovare la mia bilancia che misura in grammi, once ecc ... 

Le opinioni sono comunque benvenute!

Grazie!

Yes, the impression I have on this marble in question is that it looks more like the clay ones like the one I posted.

The way in which the color is put, in some places washed out, which tends to fade just as you can see in different clay marbles.

Yes, it would be more appropriate to have further images of this marble, perhaps keeping it more at a distance.

A lady here in Italy described to me how these clay marbles were created, colored with colors made with flowers, so here is the reason for rather faded colors.

To what extent this is true I don't know, but that's another story .....Regards Roberto