new to site, learning about marbles!

Ellen

Hi this is Ellen! My husband and I have been collecting marbles for years, without having a lot of knowledge in the identification area. We have been on this forum, watching you tube videos and have books, but still struggling with some. I am going to upload some pictures on two types of marbles, and would like any help that could be given! My camera is good, but I do not have a light box set up yet, so these are a little dark. First picture showing a group of like marbles, then 4 singles of one, then 3 of another. These are approximately 20/32. Any thoughts?

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Hi Ellen.  My first thought was that you have Jabos there.  And maybe you _do_ have a number of Jabos. Maybe. But I think I might also see at least one Peltier Multicolor.  

The marble in this view might have Peltier seams to it .... 

IMG_0284.JPG

Please try a daylight bulb to eliminate the yellow dingy look and brighten up your pics. It will improve the capability to I.D. the marbles significantly. They're about 4 or $5 each at Walmart or whoever carries bulbs, throws out a blue white instead of a yellow light more like sunlight, great for taking pics of marbles or glass. 10 to 15 actual watts on a 40 to 75 watt bulb equivalent. try the 40 w equivalent first, stay away from the marble at least 12 inches, a little experimentation and you'll be taking pictures like a champ. Just a helpful hint from someone whos been there "Good luck " And A belated " WELCOME "

Chad

Thank you so much for your response. I now have a light box set up (see more recent posts) which has an LED light panel on the ceiling...pictures are much more clear, but now I am getting the reflection grid coming down on the top of each marble, even with a suggested piece of tissue paper covering, and then a piece of computer paper covering. (pictures posted yesterday.) Is that just what is expected, or is there a fix for that? Remove LED panel and set up a white bulb in tent?