Most recent news about Champion?

Steph

The last time I looked into the subject, the Champion factory was in the "no activity is reported at the time of this writing" phase.  That was probably around 2010.  

Do we have updated information about them?  Are they officially closed?  Is there still a building at the site?  Are there still marble machines at the site? 

Champion is out of business for good. The buildings are there. The curved metal building is standing but the older buildings along the street are falling in. Most of the roofs have fell in.  No machines in the buildings along the street.  Some cullet left at the curved metal building.  Most equipment gone or rusted past any use now. The last I heard was that some of the machines had been put in semi trailers for storage. I heard 4-5 yrs. ago that they were going to have final auction for anything remaining. But that never happened. I know one man who bought one or two semi trailer loads of various mixed glass, flats or gems, etc. Not many, if any swirl marbles. The auction about ten or more years ago depleted most all of any swirl or play marbles that remained.  Exactly where the machines are now or what happened to then, I don't know. They may have been sold to Mexico like many have the last 10-12 years.  

No more Jabo marbles ever. No more Champion marbles ever. Is Marble King next ?  Marble King has been struggling.  Americans wanted everything cheap. That is only possible from Mexico, Asia and China.  Be careful what you ask for, now we are getting it. What can you buy even cheap when no one has a job ?