GONE SEACHIN !!!

Chad G.

Well here where I live in Washington state it's like a dry county as far as marbles go, at least a 50 mile trip to get anything decent unless you get lucky. I realize "Wild finds" are getting less and less frequent, have been increasingly so for almost 20 years now, it seems especially so around here.. In the 90's it was nothing to find almost nothing I wanted "if" I had the money. Following the mad rush for Handmades during the 90's just before the marble market took a dive because of sudden availability due to the internet, marble collecting was different then, more intense I think ?? Anyway it's "out & about" again tomorrow. It hasn't been to bad as of late, w/ a pretty good score almost every time. Just a discussion point to see how the "Search" goes around your neck of the woods ??   "GOOD LUCK MIBSTERS"  :wave2:

I've got 8 locations within 50 miles of my home that I try to frequent at least once a month but for the most part it's the same mibs I have passed on still sitting there. At least 2 of these places have above average turnover as far as vendors restocking but it's still hit and miss when "new" stuff is found. I do have a good lead on a number of Akroware pieces, hopefully have them soon once I barter with the vendor. I Also know where a huge pile of mibs are but the shop owner won't sell. He displays them in two 1 gallon glass jars and a 2 foot tall giant glass fish for customers too "enjoy". Plus behind his counter is this old chest of drawers full of bags and Mason jars of mibs. He has literally 1,000's and judging from a good number of the ones I could see, nice ones. But he won't budge. It's what I would call my best score ever. Too be continued on that one. 

Pretty soon here I plan on going outside my box and hitting a few places I found with great potential, meaning that because of the size of these places. But other than a few pieces of Akroware and a slag piece or two, a big fat "0" for mibs in the past month and a half. Time to raise  the anchor and hoist the mainsail, mates! Undiscovered country lies ahead! :pirate:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, William said:

I've got 8 locations within 50 miles of my home that I try to frequent at least once a month but for the most part it's the same mibs I have passed on still sitting there. At least 2 of these places have above average turnover as far as vendors restocking but it's still hit and miss when "new" stuff is found. I do have a good lead on a number of Akroware pieces, hopefully have them soon once I barter with the vendor. I Also know where a huge pile of mibs are but the shop owner won't sell. He displays them in two 1 gallon glass jars and a 2 foot tall giant glass fish for customers too "enjoy". Plus behind his counter is this old chest of drawers full of bags and Mason jars of mibs. He has literally 1,000's and judging from a good number of the ones I could see, nice ones. But he won't budge. It's what I would call my best score ever. Too be continued on that one. 

Pretty soon here I plan on going outside my box and hitting a few places I found with great potential, meaning that because of the size of these places. But other than a few pieces of Akroware and a slag piece or two, a big fat "0" for mibs in the past month and a half. Time to raise  the anchor and hoist the mainsail, mates! Undiscovered country lies ahead! :pirate:

Arrr !!! indeed matey's  :pirate: time to hoist the mainsail and head for uncharted waters. Keep a close eye out for "store serpents"  

Arrr!! they almost beat me to me booty but I managed to peel a little silver & a couple pieces of HTF interior panel oxblood Akroware from their scaly hands  :pirate: more to be had but they fed me some bad fish and put a stopper on the heist.

DSC03967.JPG

DSC03973.JPG

DSC03976.JPG

DSC03989.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

DSC03985.JPG

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Arrr!! they almost beat me to me booty but I managed to peel a little silver & a couple pieces of HTF interior panel oxblood Akroware from their scaly hands  :pirate: more to be had but they fed me some bad fish and put a stopper on the heist.

DSC03967.JPG

DSC03973.JPG

DSC03976.JPG

DSC03989.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

DSC03985.JPG

You sure that's Ox? Or the Serpent's blood after the kiss of your Cutlass? :pirate:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, William said:

You sure that's Ox? Or the Serpent's blood after the kiss of your Cutlass? :pirate:

Pffft !!  ..........  image.png.e5213051c696d717cf7e50e7e5b5f030.png...........  Shiver me timbers, I thought I didn't leave any evidence  :pirate: I hope there's no witnesses to me crime ??

3 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Pffft !!  ..........  image.png.e5213051c696d717cf7e50e7e5b5f030.png...........  Shiver me timbers, I thought I didn't leave any evidence  :pirate: I hope there's no witnesses to me crime ??

HAHAHA, Off too the stockade with ya, you scurvy sea dog! Davey Jones is waiting for ya! :fighting-547:

• Haha 1