Transparent Rainbos

Fuzzy Chubbs

Fairly confident that this group is all Peltier, specifically Rainbos; although a bit hesitant on the red marble.  It has peltish ribbons with two seams, but the ribbons swirl more than the other Rainbos I've identified.

Could it be a Ruby Slipper?  I saw mention that the Pelt "Ruby Bee" has to contain AV; this marble definitely does not contain any AV.

Aqua-White Peltier Rainbo 15mm.jpg

Blue-White Peltier Rainbo 16mm.jpg

Green-White Peltier Rainbo 16mm #2.jpg

Green-White Peltier Rainbo 16mm #3.jpg

Green-White Peltier Rainbo 16mm.jpg

Red-White Peltier Rainbo 17mm.jpg

Yeah !! all Pelts, a "ruby slipper" is transparent red base while a "ruby bee" is opaque yellow base & yes your right on the money, the latter does have to have av. to be considered a "ruby bee"  BTW, nice mibs Cole  :thup:

• Like 1

Is this description I found on another site accurate?

"a cherry bomb will have ribbons that go deep into the marble and a ruby slipper was more of a brushed white"

So no AV in a "Ruby Slipper"?

Lines up with what you're all saying, just want to ensure I'm not off thinking ruby slipper contains AV. 

Since the Ruby Bee must contain AV (versus Red Bee which has no AV(to my understanding)), I had assumed the "Ruby" term when referred to Pelts would infer AV in the transparent red.

This is an opaque rainbo I sorted (regardless of the thread title), per a discussion in another thread on Friday I chalked it up as a "Red Bee".  Is that right?

Another question b/c I'm full of em; would this be considered a NLR?  My understanding is the NLR ribbons were more brushed onto the surface and didn't traverse deep into the marble.  I have a tough time determining how deep the ribbons run on opaque rainbos.  Is there another way to tell? (oh look another question :D)

Apologies if the background is distracting, I like it lol

659574598_Red-YellowPeltierRainbo16mm.thumb.jpg.a9ff38e8673578e86373853596bfce75.jpg

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy Chubbs said:

Is this description I found on another site accurate?

"a cherry bomb will have ribbons that go deep into the marble and a ruby slipper was more of a brushed white"

So no AV in a "Ruby Slipper"?

Lines up with what you're all saying, just want to ensure I'm not off thinking ruby slipper contains AV. 

Since the Ruby Bee must contain AV (versus Red Bee which has no AV(to my understanding)), I had assumed the "Ruby" term when referred to Pelts would infer AV in the transparent red.

This is an opaque rainbo I sorted (regardless of the thread title), per a discussion in another thread on Friday I chalked it up as a "Red Bee".  Is that right?

Another question b/c I'm full of em; would this be considered a NLR?  My understanding is the NLR ribbons were more brushed onto the surface and didn't traverse deep into the marble.  I have a tough time determining how deep the ribbons run on opaque rainbos.  Is there another way to tell? (oh look another question :D)

Apologies if the background is distracting, I like it lol

659574598_Red-YellowPeltierRainbo16mm.thumb.jpg.a9ff38e8673578e86373853596bfce75.jpg

Yes !! An NLR, Red Bee is correct if the the red ribbons contain no a.  Aventurine being a requirement for a "Ruby Bee" .  "Red Bees" contain no av. though they can look the same structure and color wise. The av in a Ruby Bee can be very slight and fine, often taking a loupe to see,  BTW another very nice marble  :thup: