Is this American Toy and Marble? .99

Jeremysvt

Well, this is a very tuff one to ID.

There are a very few that can ID these but they are not around that often.

There are however folks around this board that can point you in the right direction.

Brian Graham is my suggestion. I do not know how to contact him though.

He does have a website--try him out.

Marble--On!!

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Well, this is a very tuff one to ID.

There are a very few that can ID these but they are not around that often.

There are however folks around this board that can point you in the right direction.

Brian Graham is my suggestion. I do not know how to contact him though.

He does have a website--try him out.

Marble--On!!

Thanks.   This was from a collection I bought with some other verified American Toy and Marble.

IMG_2891.JPG

• Award 1

That is an American made stoneware marble from Akron. The other 4 in your group shot could be from anywhere. I found ZERO examples of these in Akron during my numerous excavations - nor am I aware of any from original packaging. There is indeed a patent that describes decorating marbles in a process that would create designs like this - for sure there are glazed specimens and I found plenty of these - but only solid colored "painted clays" were ever excavated.

The Stephen Bahr video is the best source I have found to I.D. A.T.&M. mibs. From what I have seen in that video I would say all but the one on the far right are correct- that one may be right but I can't really tell. Thanks

Bruce

12 hours ago, akronmarbles said:

That is an American made stoneware marble from Akron. The other 4 in your group shot could be from anywhere. I found ZERO examples of these in Akron during my numerous excavations - nor am I aware of any from original packaging. There is indeed a patent that describes decorating marbles in a process that would create designs like this - for sure there are glazed specimens and I found plenty of these - but only solid colored "painted clays" were ever excavated.

thanks for the info!~