SUMMERS COMIN

Chad G.

The Columbia rivers running high from snow melt off, the mountains are startin to show color, the smell of fresh cut grass  fills the air reminding me so much of when I was a kid. I grew up here in the PNW & except for a 4 year stint in the Navy I never left. As far as I'm concerned the most beautiful country there is. Beach, Mountains and the City all within a 50 mile radius. I had thoughts of leaving but they were only fleeting. I hope everyone has a great Summer, one that'll never be forgotten, and some great and lifelong memories are made.

This site shows a few snippets of some of the places I've had the pleasure of enjoying all my life, I truly feel Blessed !!   :)

LINK :  https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/the-most-beautiful-places-in-the-pacific-northwest

Hopefully soon I can hit the water somewhere and pull myself in some fish. Patty got my license while I was in the hospital and I went only once before treatment started (Didn't catch squat).

Thinking July will be when I can get around to it. 🐟

On 6/20/2022 at 3:26 PM, William said:

First couple of days before the "Official" first day of summer, we've got 90's with heat advisories. A tad warm..

88 to 90 for this Thursday, once it starts seems like it doesn't get shut off till late August early Sept. when I was a kid it was great it never seemed to bother me but now, Phew only so many 100 deg. days @ 95 tom 98 % humidity I can withstand. And of course as we all know the Summers are getting longer & hotter, something I've really noticed in the past decade, especially the lengthening of the Summer, we used to get rain for almost 9 months of the year, now it's about 50/50, 6 months of each. Q least were not cookin like 75% of the country, I feel for everyone that gets their water from the Colorado (lake Mead i.e. Vegas, ca, Ariz. etc.) prayin the water holds out for the duration for those folks !!

Oop !! Just seen the latest weather 100 for Sat. Sun & Mon. I already have the A/C hooked up & workin, guess I'll be watchin some shows on TV w/ lots of shade to make me feel a little cooler for a few days ?? Mighst be the West coast has their turn comin ?? Years ago the 100 deg. days didn't hit till late Aug. and very few @ that, looks like those days are over fer sher. Time to make like a popsicle.

Well a hot mock chicken planned for Sunday, over 100, I'm not a steak, chicken or turkey, I live in the PNW because I thought it was once considered a temperate zone, a nice place to rust not burn, Oh well