Is it vintage?

schmoozer

I wish they didn't have their thumb over the pontil so I could see if it's ground & faceted or not !! But I'm still leaning antique, I have a begging dog sulphide that's pink (amethyst) like that. The one I have looks as sunlight exposure may have been the culprit but I'm not sure. I was thinking the same when I seen this one as you, guess whenever you question anything there's a reason you did in the first place.

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

I wish they didn't have their thumb over the pontil so I could see if it's ground & faceted or not !! But I'm still leaning antique, I have a begging dog sulphide that's pink (amethyst) like that. The one I have looks as sunlight exposure may have been the culprit but I'm not sure. I was thinking the same when I seen this one as you, guess whenever you question anything there's a reason you did in the first place.

Pic 5 shows the pontil, not sure what to make of it. I don’t see a “TT” on the figurine, so Tom “thornburg”(sp?)is out.

25 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Pic 5 shows the pontil, not sure what to make of it. I don’t see a “TT” on the figurine, so Tom “thornburg”(sp?)is out.

Now I see it barely in #5, some faceting, I looked again and again for initials, still leaning vintage myself. Good eye Brad, thanks for the heads up  :)

• Like 1