Akro Corks or No? The Newbie Guesses.

Archerfire

Are these considered Akro Corkscrews? I wasn't going to guess for fear of looking like a dingbat, but why not? It's never stopped me before! Plus, it's in the interest of my education. 😄

Sizes: .63, .65, .63, .65

Are the pics too dark?

20221204_165903.jpg

20221204_170102.jpg

20221204_170356.jpg

20221204_170239.jpg

20221204_170214.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

First 3 are Akro corks, last one looks like a Pelt MCS (Multi color Swirl) IMO

Well, go me! Three out of four. I'll take it! I really did wonder about that last one.

With all the help of you wonderful folks here, I might actually learn something! However, I'm thinking Akro Corks might be some of the easiest to identify? 

Thanks, Chad.

4 minutes ago, Archerfire said:

Well, go me! Three out of four. I'll take it! I really did wonder about that last one.

With all the help of you wonderful folks here, I might actually learn something! However, I'm thinking Akro Corks might be some of the easiest to identify? 

Thanks, Chad.

:)

Akro corkscrews are the easiest machine made marble to identify. This is the first thing I teach kids to identify when doing seminars for kids groups. 

The color stripe begins on one pole or the top of the marble. It turns and twist steady unbroken in a corkscrew pattern to the opposite pole or bottom of the marble and it never crosses itself.  Corks come in all different machine made sizes. Corks can be two colors or three or four or five or six. You can collect them a lifetime and never get them all. 

Other companies made a few accidental corkscrews. Akro was the only company to produce corkscrews as standard steady production.  

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

Akro corkscrews are the easiest machine made marble to identify. This is the first thing I teach kids to identify when doing seminars for kids groups. 

The color stripe begins on one pole or the top of the marble. It turns and twist steady unbroken in a corkscrew pattern to the opposite pole or bottom of the marble and it never crosses itself.  Corks come in all different machine made sizes. Corks can be two colors or three or four or five or six. You can collect them a lifetime and never get them all. 

Other companies made a few accidental corkscrews. Akro was the only company to produce corkscrews as standard steady production.  

Thanks so much for the info, Ron! I really appreciate it. One of my goals is not to ask you folks to identify all my common marbles! Maybe I'll get there.

It takes lots of time and effort.  But it has many different rewards for many years.  If you want, you can get there.  Never be concerned about asking.  I have never stopped asking, because I have never found all the answers.  

• Like 1