RedBrown and White .96

Jzoook6

At first I thought Imperial because of the size and plainess, but now IDK! Kinda reminded me of one of those Akros I posted over the weekend. 🤔

Vitro is another consideration I suppose. 

Guessing thats a blown out airbubble on the face? 

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance 

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 10.24.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 10.25.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 10.25.31 PM.png

Yes .   Made very similar to the Paul Bunyan marbles. If they were made by Akro or Master, they are very near this one. But not Paul Bunyan colors.  There are lots of single color Akros that bleed like this and this size. Both color ends and eyelashes fit Akro. If the color ends or cuts had more of, or a deeper inward curve on one end and more to a outward point on the other end. I would have said Master or Imperial. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Yes .   Made very similar to the Paul Bunyan marbles. If they were made by Akro or Master, they are very near this one. But not Paul Bunyan colors.  There are lots of single color Akros that bleed like this and this size. Both color ends and eyelashes fit Akro. If the color ends or cuts had more of, or a deeper inward curve on one end and more to a outward point on the other end. I would have said Master or Imperial. 

Thank you for sharing that-I didn't even know large Akros were a "thing"! This marble was in the same bag-could it be an Akro too then? Ill take some more photos if you think its a possibility. I think its like 1.06"

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.09.54 PM.png

Could be but the color end looks very pointed. Akro made marbles as standard production up to one inch.  Most likely a 7/8 or one inch machine or set of rollers. They produced marbles at 1 and 1 /8 inch and 1  1/4 inch but they are oversize for the machine. Most all of those will be out of round, creases or roll marks and or orange peel surface. The same goes for Alley marbles.  You can go up one size, or down one size and still control the final marbles. But go more than one size away from the actual roll groove size and problems will always happen.  You can produce pee wee 1/2 inch or less, marbles from a 5/8 inch machine with a expert operator. But even then you will lose 50 to 70% of what is made.  Because they will have bad roll marks, heavy orange peel, out of round, odd shaped, stuck together, fractured, etc. marbles.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Could be but the color end looks very pointed. Akro made marbles as standard production up to one inch.  Most likely a 7/8 or one inch machine or set of rollers. They produced marbles at 1 and 1 /8 inch and 1  1/4 inch but they are oversize for the machine. Most all of those will be out of round, creases or roll marks and or orange peel surface. The same goes for Alley marbles.  You can go up one size, or down one size and still control the final marbles. But go more than one size away from the actual roll groove size and problems will always happen.  You can produce pee wee 1/2 inch or less, marbles from a 5/8 inch machine with a expert operator. But even then you will lose 50 to 70% of what is made.  Because they will have bad roll marks, heavy orange peel, out of round, odd shaped, stuck together, fractured, etc. marbles.  

oh interesting, so orange peel can happen to any quality of glass? thx for sharing

Here are some larger Akro marbles

The first one is more than likely from a "dig" at 1-3/8" but it is a nice big corkscrew and I love it ( you have to know that they were trying).

The next two were successfully marketed at 1".

The swirl comes in many color combos and the oxblood patch—well, I have many better than this but this is what I was able to find in short notice.

These big ox patches were a common find in Akro gift boxes—the cardboard ones.

Marble—On!!

Final.jpg

One.jpg

OX final.jpg