New To the Hobby

Iceburg

Hello everyone,

I inherited my grandmother's collection of marbles in the 1990s when she passed away. I've kept them in her original mason jars and old galliano bottles since then. My grandmother helped raise me, taking me to yard sales and consignment shops often to help bolster her collections of glass paperweights and coca cola memorabilia among other things. I mainly just bought books back then but by the time I entered my teens, the passion for collecting she inspired in me was focused on records. I spent a couple decades researching and collecting records from the 60s and 70s quite seriously. Now I'm finally opening up my grandmother's jars of marbles and sorting, cleaning and researching. I've learned a ton already and I look forward to making some new and interesting connections here.

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 10.13.36 AM.png

• Like 2

Welcome Iceburg,
Nothing beats Grandmas marbles. 
All of us here at The Marble Connection look forward to your posts and image of your marbles.
Try to keep the posts in the ID section to three or four marbles, and give us several nice bright images of each one.
Once again a hardy welcome to you and,
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

"Welcome to Marble Connection Harold"      :wave2:

Lots of great people here more than willing to share what they know, years of combined marble and marble related information. Informational forums that will take you almost anywhere you want to go. We also have a search bar in the upper right hand corner should you have any particular query you'd like to pursue. Again "Welcome"  can't wait to see your pix  :)                         Chad G.

• Like 1