Vitro?

Melissa

2 hours ago, Ric said:

In these latest pics, the upper right one is the Pelt and the upper left looks sorta Pelty too but it's hard to tell - the reflections of your windows sort of distort the seams and patches.

I can see the Pelt now 👍

5 hours ago, Ric said:

In these latest pics, the upper right one is the Pelt and the upper left looks sorta Pelty too but it's hard to tell - the reflections of your windows sort of distort the seams and patches.

Here are the bottom two in the light box I just got. 

9D9EB027-D75D-4108-BD07-28FCE8F13313.jpeg

13CB2903-E7B4-47D7-90BB-252A6322DD20.jpeg

Wow! I can see them now. I'll bet a nice solid neutral matte background will allow your camera to focus on the marbles better. Right now, it's still wanting to focus on the mat you have them on - I see every bit of detail on that. 🙂

I am leaning newer MK on these but what does the base glass look like? Does light pass through it?

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Wow! I can see them now. I'll bet a nice solid neutral matte background will allow your camera to focus on the marbles better. Right now, it's still wanting to focus on the mat you have them on - I see every bit of detail on that. 🙂

I am leaning newer MK on these but what does the base glass look like? Does light pass through it?

Better?  Some light passes through. 

64CB3BFA-5E95-43B2-B0C3-531B23BD6A52.jpeg

Lot's of blue tones - the background looks blue to me and it looks like there is blue on the marbles too. Try a piece of darker construction paper or something not perforated or quilted - gray is generally a good color.

But I think they are newer Marble Kings, regardless.

Just now, Ric said:

Lot's of blue tones - the background looks blue to me and it looks like there is blue on the marbles too. Try a piece of darker construction paper or something not perforated or quilted - gray is generally a good color.

But I think they are newer Marble Kings, regardless.

Thanks. I’ll keep playing around with the backgrounds. The light box of course came with textured backgrounds. 🙄

Just now, Melissa said:

Thanks. I’ll keep playing around with the backgrounds. The light box of course came with textured backgrounds. 🙄

Not optimized for close-up shots on small objects, I'll bet.