Any idea of the value of a Ravenswood solar flare. Little over a half inch. Probably nm+. Just ballpark figure is fine

mccracken

Not many have been sold, so the value is wide and still much unknown as to price. There is a good range of sizes which may affect prices. They go from like your a little over 1/2 inch to 11/16 inch.  Maybe a 3/4 will turn up someday. 

I got one as a gift at the recent Canton OH show. It is still a different one than what I have seen or know of.  It has more of a gray or gray blue base showing and very little or no brown.

DSC02696.JPG.37eb4cb340f2c2f5680cc5833cbc8a22.JPGDSC02697.JPG.c8e2b4820a0aa7bab68b0afcc3f65852.JPGDSC02698.JPG.0bc4dd518dd18aae89e65eb993ff163f.JPGDSC02699.JPG.3ff36e0260323e9491f4e30632870af9.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, mccracken said:

THX. I was just curious. There is just nothing out there.

Hi if it were mine and if I went to sell it I would put a buy it now price of $500 with offers excepted pelt Supermans sell for $300/$400 all the time and there not as rare as the Solar flare IMO    there is a Ravenswood vid out there were Ron tells a story about them shows us his examples and tells us about someone else’s half Solar flare/ half blue Raven , that would be cool to see pics of that one 

The solar flares are one of the sought after marbles that can yet be found in a $1.00 box at marble shows. If you take the time to search through 500 or 2000 marbles in a box or plastic tub. Nola has found two the last year both for $1.00 or less each. One was found at the recent Canton OH show for $1.00.  So they are out there to be found and cheap. But that will change as they become better known. Many collectors who only use the books and do not keep up weekly or at least monthly on the internet marble information, still have no idea what these are. I have three that a friend found for me in antique shops this last year. They are still out there waiting to be found. But it will get harder to find one. I think maybe a couple has been sold for in the $100.00-$150.00 range. I don't think any has reached $500.00 or $300.00 yet.  Will that happen, I don't know ?  I agree if you compare it to several other $300.00-$400.00 marbles, the Solar flare is as rare or maybe more rare. We will know in a few years as people find them. There are several very nice and rare Ravenswood marbles. This last year the price of many Ravenswoods has increased two and three times as what they were one or two years ago.  How many of your stocks tripled in value the last twelve months ?  9

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

The solar flares are one of the sought after marbles that can yet be found in a $1.00 box at marble shows. If you take the time to search through 500 or 2000 marbles in a box or plastic tub. Nola has found two the last year both for $1.00 or less each. One was found at the recent Canton OH show for $1.00.  So they are out there to be found and cheap. But that will change as they become better known. Many collectors who only use the books and do not keep up weekly or at least monthly on the internet marble information, still have no idea what these are. I have three that a friend found for me in antique shops this last year. They are still out there waiting to be found. But it will get harder to find one. I think maybe a couple has been sold for in the $100.00-$150.00 range. I don't think any has reached $500.00 or $300.00 yet.  Will that happen, I don't know ?  I agree if you compare it to several other $300.00-$400.00 marbles, the Solar flare is as rare or maybe more rare. We will know in a few years as people find them. There are several very nice and rare Ravenswood marbles. This last year the price of many Ravenswoods has increased two and three times as what they were one or two years ago.  How many of your stocks tripled in value the last twelve months ?  9

I go to estate sales, auctions and I rarely see ANY good marbles period.