electric red swirl .55

Jeremysvt

Almost looks like two different slags (not swirls). How do the first two pics fit with the last three? Those make it look like a hand-gathered slag, and I can see one of the first two picks fitting with the last three but not both.

I'd suggest that shade of white is more inline with the shades discovered in the Akro HG dug-up slags around 2004. Not to imply it's dug-up, but those that were, are enlightening where many of the whites are more translucent and or not as bright.

Pretty much old school regarding CAC red slags, I believe because there were more original boxes in circulation, like 30-40 years ago, that CAC would have a strong bright white. Yet, actually, as time has passed and more and more slags gained interest whereas, in the 1980's they were considered junk.  It's very difficult to be certain who made what. 

When it comes to being considered 'Electric' and CAC slag there's 2 options in the old school category. One would be a bright orange and white where the transparent orange stands out above others which is quite hard to find, as red slags can blend with the white and seem orangey. Yours is showing hints of orange in the photo but is moreover red. Red slags are not considered 'Electric' A CAC hand gathered slag that is so called 'Electric orange with white will virtually jump out in any slag collection yet they are not what is generally regarded as 'Electric' these days, albeit inside an original box of CAC slags the brilliant orange is so unique, one can understand why they got and still retain the designation. 

The seconded is certainly Electric opaque colors of red and yellow blending together  to create orange, in clear colorless too clear that's a little seedy  and toned colorless which today are called striped transparent or swirls that are simply, very rare. It is the blending of yellow and red that causes them to be so bright and stand out as 'Electric'.

Yet, when it comes to regular slags, saying who made what, Akro, MFC, Peltier, CAC or, is virtually rocket science where 'Feelings' or simple 'opinions' take precedence. 

For perhaps a better understanding, here's an illustration and photographs of a pair,  (on left is 29/32" and right 7/8") Electric orange CAC marbles that have the seedy Clear colorless toned, I made over 20 years ago. It was just about the period when collectors were transitioning from 'Old school' identifications and separating differences of these types; if slags or swirls?. Hence, is why I used the term 'Electric Orange Swirl/Slag'. Graphics for the age I made this, are low pixels so, not so good in today's higher pixels but should be decent enough to get the  'Electric' concept in picture: 

CAelectOrngSwrlSlag.jpg.ac36d868c660be0a554d17c1cd8be9ab.jpg

On 2/24/2023 at 9:48 AM, Jeff54 said:

I'd suggest that shade of white is more inline with the shades discovered in the Akro HG dug-up slags around 2004. Not to imply it's dug-up, but those that were, are enlightening where many of the whites are more translucent and or not as bright.

Pretty much old school regarding CAC red slags, I believe because there were more original boxes in circulation, like 30-40 years ago, that CAC would have a strong bright white. Yet, actually, as time has passed and more and more slags gained interest whereas, in the 1980's they were considered junk.  It's very difficult to be certain who made what. 

When it comes to being considered 'Electric' and CAC slag there's 2 options in the old school category. One would be a bright orange and white where the transparent orange stands out above others which is quite hard to find, as red slags can blend with the white and seem orangey. Yours is showing hints of orange in the photo but is moreover red. Red slags are not considered 'Electric' A CAC hand gathered slag that is so called 'Electric orange with white will virtually jump out in any slag collection yet they are not what is generally regarded as 'Electric' these days, albeit inside an original box of CAC slags the brilliant orange is so unique, one can understand why they got and still retain the designation. 

The seconded is certainly Electric opaque colors of red and yellow blending together  to create orange, in clear colorless too clear that's a little seedy  and toned colorless which today are called striped transparent or swirls that are simply, very rare. It is the blending of yellow and red that causes them to be so bright and stand out as 'Electric'.

Yet, when it comes to regular slags, saying who made what, Akro, MFC, Peltier, CAC or, is virtually rocket science where 'Feelings' or simple 'opinions' take precedence. 

For perhaps a better understanding, here's an illustration and photographs of a pair,  (on left is 29/32" and right 7/8") Electric orange CAC marbles that have the seedy Clear colorless toned, I made over 20 years ago. It was just about the period when collectors were transitioning from 'Old school' identifications and separating differences of these types; if slags or swirls?. Hence, is why I used the term 'Electric Orange Swirl/Slag'. Graphics for the age I made this, are low pixels so, not so good in today's higher pixels but should be decent enough to get the  'Electric' concept in picture: 

CAelectOrngSwrlSlag.jpg.ac36d868c660be0a554d17c1cd8be9ab.jpg

thanks for the info!