Marble king or vitro?

Melissa

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Which are you thinking about, Steph - front left, maybe?

I was thinking mostly of top right.  But then if yes on the top right, then the top left would likely be dragged along with it.  And the bottom two do fit nicely with the top two. 

For some reason, I associate both Marble King and Akro with the marbles which could inadvertently be mixed in with Vitro All-Reds.  An association formed over 10 years ago.  

But I am a bit vague on how much the MK's and Akros might look like each other.  My first impression of the bottom ones might have been MK.  But my first impression of the top right was distinctly Akro. 

fwiw

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Ah, here's a short  thread I started on the topic. 

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/9433-non-vitro-all-reds

Thanks for the link Steph - there are some good reference pics there. I could probably go a couple of different ways on most of these marbles. Maybe someday they will interest me enough that I will put in the effort to try and sort them out. Until then, I'll just call them like I see them and not worry to much about it. It's not like an iron-clad ID is going to change the collectible value of these types.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Thanks for the link Steph - there are some good reference pics there. I could probably go a couple of different ways on most of these marbles. Maybe someday they will interest me enough that I will put in the effort to try and sort them out. Until then, I'll just call them like I see them and not worry to much about it. It's not like an iron-clad ID is going to change the collectible value of these types.

Yup.  I gave up on trying to sort these out.   I have some obvious ones separated out. I might even have an MK bag of my own, can't remember.   But then I have a tray full of the general style that I couldn't sort.  Same with my questionable mossy-ish ones, a tray for the general style without worrying about who made the ones which seem a bit weak and borderline.  

They're nice generic vintage marbles which add color to a group without us needing to worry about them having signficant monetary value.

• Haha 1