Favorite Contemporary

thanks, @Melissa! that last one was a total accident, but it's one of my favorites. 

i have to give a hat-tip to scott patrick for 1 - selling me some of his equipment, and 2 - for showing me his 'super-secret' technique. i don't make them anymore...i used to have a set up in my kitchen until i got a little more responsible and decided my landlord probably would blow a gasket & my renter's insurance probably doesn't cover explosions, so i sold all my stuff a good while back. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

@Ric well....since you asked ;) :D

031806 guinea.jpg

Tankmib PukeySwirl.jpg

TRACERS 1st group.jpg

Oh wow, you've got some talent! They're all great but these are my favorites. Some of those "tracers" are killer! Do you sign them?

I thought this was an Alley - now you've got me wondering. 😉

Ric99.jpg

Those are really all very nice marbles, Chris! What size are they?

• Thanks 1

thanks, @Ric, i appreciate the compliments! that flame you're showing is AWESOME! some of my 'tracers' turned out better than others. there's a clear rod that turns cloudy with heat that i used for the base on those. 

the top one you snagged was an attempt at making a guinea style; those were fun!

and that middle one was one of the first marbles i made. i was practicing with clear and just adding stuff while trying to make them round. i frikkin love that marble, LOL, but I CAN'T FIND IT!!! :wacko:

oh, and nope, i don't (didn't) sign them. i barely got more than 2 or 3 at a time to turn out, so i didn't make many. i sent a couple to scott... migbar and i would exchange some, but he was cleaning out stuff and sent mine back. (dang, now i'm wondering if he knew he was sick then :(  )  the christmas ones i made for my granddaughter, but after she passed, i got those back. (jeeeeez now i'm thinking my marbles are cursed! 🙄 sorry, that's morbid... 🤐 )

• Care 1

2 minutes ago, tankgrrl29 said:

. . . i frikkin love that marble, LOL, but I CAN'T FIND IT!!! :wacko:

OMG, no!

And I am very sorry to hear that your granddaughter passed - that must have been very hard. Losing young people is just tragic. 😢

• Care 1

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Losing young people is just tragic. 😢

thanks, and yep, it sucks. but i'm grateful for all the good memories. and she got to come to the Ottawa show with me, so that was pretty awesome :D  

now to look for that lost marble!!