Marbles Stories

mibstan

Hi. I've thought about signing up for this forum for a long time, but I'm not a marbles collector, as such. (I barely know the difference between a carnelian and a Corinthian...)

I do collect historical information about marbles play and players, especially stories from the US National Marbles Tournament (NMT). Members of this forum have shared a lot of great info here about that competition (and several others). So I've lurked around TMC for years.

The NMT will celebrate its 100th anniversary in June 2023. With that milestone in mind, I've been posting a blog throughout May to tell the forgotten stories of the first NMT in 1923 and 1922 events that led to it. For anyone who's interested, here's a link to the introduction page of the blog: "Lost Marbles Stories"

As for TMC, I'm open to sharing info I've collected about participants in the NMT, especially the earlier years (say, 1920s to 1950s) when the tourney was better known and participated in than today. 

17 hours ago, Steph said:

Hi.  Welcome.  The history is my favorite part of collecting.  I have read a lot about tournaments.  Looking forward to some interesting exchanges.  

Yes, Steph, have seen many of your posts here about tournaments. Great material. I especially remember your thoughts about George Springer (Beckley, WV) and fully agree. Hope you can take a look at my 1923 NMT blog, if you have time.

17 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Hello,

"Welcome to Marble Connection Stan"    :wave2:

Thanks Chad. I used to hang my hat in WA for many years (near SeaTac). Miss the beautiful PNW.