MK blue transparent base rainbow

Kimbernugs

I was going to go with Blue Boy.  But not knowing the date I did a search and I came up with 1959 to 1964 for Blue Boys based on info posted in this thread:

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/28674-mk/

But then I noticed the colors of the examples there and they don't quite match yours.  

Yours might turn out to be one of the newer ones that @Ric was thinking of in that thread.

I do not know how this will turn out.  :icon_popcorn:

On 6/2/2023 at 6:19 AM, Ric said:

I think the Blue Boys are older, like Steph said, and that ones like these are newer, but I am not sure how much newer - I'm thinking later than 1980 though. Maybe @Jeff54 has an idea.

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2021_08/Ric448.jpg.56046a1b7967519c0c5239a35695aa0b.jpg

Well, there were some wasps with transparent blue base that Jill found in Paden City dump. However, they are identical to those I found as brand new with green transparent base in the late 1990's. Also, later IDK around 2005, I stumbled on a group of wasps with blue base, no hints as to time frame and odd for the strange very dark red P&R. All pristine mint and reject fractured while sure look as if they just cooled, bad annealed batch like, yesterday. I.E not dug-up and not likely from a MK bag or intently distributed beyond a trash pile, like at the factory, or some sort. I think they are not 60's  Possibly late 80's too and potentially newer than that.

Otherwise I don't know as the only transparent blue base I've seen looked like wasps, dug by Jill S. that were maybe mid 60's, "Maybe" 

• Like 1