Longest Distance or Craziest Way you found a Marble/s

Sent some mibs to a good marble friend in the Netherlands. Instead of going from WA. State to the East coast International sorting facility & across the Atlantic. They went to the CA. sorting facility and across the Pacific instead. So instead of around 5500 miles it turned out to be around 15 0r 20,000 a trip around the would the wrong way over Thailand and Iran to get there and almost a month and a half. Talk about a nail biter !!!

Scared Danny De Munk GIF by SBS6

• Wow 1
  • Award 1

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Sent some mibs to a good marble friend in the Netherlands. Instead of going from WA. State to the East coast International sorting facility & across the Atlantic. They went to the CA. sorting facility and across the Pacific instead. So instead of around 5500 miles it turned out to be around 15 0r 20,000 a trip around the would the wrong way over Thailand and Iran to get there and almost a month and a half. Talk about a nail biter !!!

Scared Danny De Munk GIF by SBS6

Wow, that's nuts!!! Total nail biter I would have thought they were lost... That's awesome they still got there though hehe 

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

This is my craziest way. 
These are from my vegetable garden.
We are in a drought here where I live but I still find a few. 
Just like the crops—slim Pickens this year so far.
Marble—On!!

slim.JPG

That's so wild and fun lol!!!! I have a garden too, it's been a terrible season being so close to the smoke from the fires . No sun = small crops.. Id love to dig up some marbles though instead of potatoes 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Linda Gail said:

The longest me and CharlieT have traveled was from Milton West Virginia to Morehead Kentucky. We been collecting for 3 years now. We are always searching. We love the hunt. 

IMG_20230712_144649_01.jpg

Dang that is some dedication!!!! Beautiful photo of your trio hehe 

• Like 1

3 story, 1880's home we bought around 1990 and sold 2005. While rewiring 3rd floor that was originally an attic; In-between outside wall, above ceiling of 2nd floor, 3-4 5/8" German Cane cut micas were sitting where they had rolled off and into, 100 year prior. They were the very  1st micas I'd found.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

Dang that is some dedication!!!! Beautiful photo of your trio hehe 

We sure are dedicated. We have even gotten some from Chesapeake Ohio. They sure are getting harder to find though. CharlieT and I are gonna branch out to other areas soon. We also collect uranium glass which they are super cool. 

IMG_20230722_055449_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

3 story, 1880's home we bought around 1990 and sold 2005. While rewiring 3rd floor that was originally an attic; In-between outside wall, above ceiling of 2nd floor, 3-4 5/8" German Cane cut micas were sitting where they had rolled off and into, 100 year prior. They were the very  1st micas I'd found.

Wow that's an incredible way to find some marbles hehe 

7 hours ago, Linda Gail said:

We sure are dedicated. We have even gotten some from Chesapeake Ohio. They sure are getting harder to find though. CharlieT and I are gonna branch out to other areas soon. We also collect uranium glass which they are super cool. 

IMG_20230722_055449_HDR.jpg

So fun!!!! That's on my bucket list to find they look beautiful!!! Especially under the black light

6 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

I still think breaking open spray paint cans is the craziest way to get them.  Hunting for really old spray paint cans just for the marbles is a whole nother level of dedication.  Hazardous material day at the dump is a weird thing to get excited about 

Haha that's really cool and definitely outside of the box!!! Ever find any cool ones?