Cosmic Rainbow Shooter or MK?

Kimbernugs

Greetings everyone! I was given this most excellent shooter by a very awesome marble friend, and immediately identified it as a Cosmic Rainbow. I don't have my calipers on me, but believe it's just about 1". He indicated that at one point it was identified as some sort of weird MK with the ribbons pushed out to the surface. I have about 50+ Cosmic Rainbows, so I pulled those out for comparison, and this shooter looks like a CR all day long to me. I've posted pics of said shooter, as well as a few CRs to show the similarity in construction. The bubbles in the base, as well as how some of the surface patches extend into the marble just makes me think this is not anything other than a Cosmic Rainbow shooter. But I really would like to hear what the experts have to say about it. I'm open to learning more about this thing. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kimber 😜

CR Shooter.jpg

CR 2.jpg

CR 3.jpg

CR 4.jpg

• Wow 1

Cosmic Rainbow sounds good to me.  

I guess I could see it being claimed as an MK.  I would want to have that done by someone that I have confidence in though.  Until then, I would keep it with my other CRs. 

28 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I have a shooter that looks similar to yours ( top photos ) same size. I have posted two pics with this reply. When I posted it for ID , the opinions were that it was Marble King.

Nice marble.

IMG_20230810_090851454.jpg

IMG_20230810_090904013.jpg

Boy that sure does look very similar to mine. The only thing I would question about it is the patches being the same color. Do Cosmic Rainbows ever have 2 patches of the same color? I haven't seen one like that, but I haven't seen everything. And if not, could it be an error or oddball? Do either of the green or blue colors reach the surface? I'm intrigued by your marble. 

#1 in the OP I thought was the same marble as the big photos under it and I missed it. It does look a lot like a MK color tip. Except I don't think I've seen one with a yellow patch on one end and blue on the other. I've seen two yellow patches with transparent blue between them. I guess exact measurement might help. The CRs were made with a yellow patch on one end and blue on the other, so for me that's how I lean for now. 

Edit to add: I have not seen that many color tips to compare to, so take the above for what it's worth. 

• Award 1

8 hours ago, cheese said:

#1 in the OP I thought was the same marble as the big photos under it and I missed it. It does look a lot like a MK color tip. Except I don't think I've seen one with a yellow patch on one end and blue on the other. I've seen two yellow patches with transparent blue between them. I guess exact measurement might help. The CRs were made with a yellow patch on one end and blue on the other, so for me that's how I lean for now. 

Edit to add: I have not seen that many color tips to compare to, so take the above for what it's worth. 

Yeah, the Color Tip marble is not one I'm familiar with.  Obviously I saw the discussion last year.  But it didn't stick.  Don't think I've seen one in person.