Does this Qualify as a Parrot ?

AvvaRae

27 minutes ago, Linda Gail said:

I'm not sure but these are our parrots

Screenshot_20230824-113713~2.pngso fun... Th green is great!!! Green blue purple all in my color wheel of favorites... Did you see the blue on blue posted yesterday in general chat ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Tiger's eye would be my guess, but wait for more opinions. :)

Thank you!!! ... I'm sure you're right you're way better at this than me lol... And there's no white in it which was why I thought maybe 🤔... I'll have to look up tigers eye (I haven't exactly heard that before... Does the learning ever stop 😂😂 rhetorical of course lol ) 

23 minutes ago, AvvaRae said:

Thank you!!! ... I'm sure you're right you're way better at this than me lol... And there's no white in it which was why I thought maybe 🤔... I'll have to look up tigers eye (I haven't exactly heard that before... Does the learning ever stop 😂😂 rhetorical of course lol ) 

Learning never stops. I'm always learning new things every day. 

Parrots are opaque white-based marbles that have four colors other than white. The best ones will have no white showing. Parkeets are similar but have only three colors on the white base.

Do I see another ribbon of very light lavender color opposite the yellow? If this marble has the white and colors veneered on a clear transparent base, I would agree with Vitro Tiger Eye. Otherwise, I'll stick with Akro.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Parrots are opaque white-based marbles that have four colors other than white. The best ones will have no white showing. Parkeets are similar but have only three colors on the white base.

Do I see another ribbon of very light lavender color opposite the yellow? If this marble has the white and colors veneered on a clear transparent base, I would agree with Vitro Tiger Eye. Otherwise, I'll stick with Akro.

IMG_20230824_112900.thumb.jpg.9e25c9a9f39a57feff7a1df3d47290a9.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Okay, gives me a better idea how to find... And clarifies why I see parrot but with three colors +white so that would qualify are a parakeet.... I didn't realize there were differences... 

I appreciate the explanation :)

2 hours ago, Ric said:

We have to research this further. 
Parrots are Parrots--the smaller ones had a name given to them by collectors--parakeets’—just a smaller version of Parrots. 
The name “Parrot” was a name given in the shop where they were made by the man who made them.
The smaller ones are very rare--but they are still Parrots—with a collector’s nickname. The same color combos and numbers still apply.
The OP is a common Vitro imho.—Not a “Parrot”. More like an “All Red” with no red.
This is just my opinion based on what I have learned from the best.
I appreciate all opinions and hope to see some more.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akroorka said:

We have to research this further. 
Parrots are Parrots--the smaller ones had a name given to them by collectors--parakeets’—just a smaller version of Parrots. 
The name “Parrot” was a name given in the shop where they were made by the man who made them.
The smaller ones are very rare--but they are still Parrots—with a collector’s nickname. The same color combos and numbers still apply.
The OP is a common Vitro imho.—Not a “Parrot”. More like an “All Red” with no red.
This is just my opinion based on what I have learned from the best.
I appreciate all opinions and hope to see some more.
Marble—On!!

After reading the Vitro book and discussing the issue with Ron, I learned that size does not matter with Parrots or Parakeets - only the number of colors is important - Parrots have four and Parakeets have three. Size only matters when discussing rarity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ric said:

After reading the Vitro book and discussing the issue with Ron,

I do not mean to make an issue here Ric.

Research what Ron has said on this board---I think that your old pal had it right--right here on the Marble Connection.

Marble--On!!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Parrots have four and Parakeets have three.

I just have a problem with the three thing---this is just not correct in my world.

Parakeets are just smaller Parrots where I live in the world of Vitro---:music-rocker-001:.

Marble--On!!